strange behaviour

Forums: strange behaviour
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Re: strange behaviour

Postby grimm » Wed May 20, 2020 12:47 am

grimm Wed May 20, 2020 12:47 am
Hmm, both of your files kills OctaneServer on my Linux box.

Code: Select all
jason@gemong ~ $ OctaneServer
Octane Engine v. 21.7

Octane: Starting Octane engine...
Octane: ...started
Octane: Activating license...
Octane: ...activated
Segmentation fault

Bad memory access.
Linux Mint 20 x64 | Nvidia GTX 980 4GB (displays) RTX 2070 8GB| Intel I7 5820K 3.8 Ghz | 32Gb Memory | Nvidia Driver 460.56
grimm
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: strange behaviour

Postby crackfox » Wed May 20, 2020 2:53 pm

crackfox Wed May 20, 2020 2:53 pm
hi lino,

many thanks for the replies.

the clouds are actual custom cluster i composed together. tbh i had to google disney clouds and now it seems i have some more assets:)

sorry i wasnt clear - my original problems were all tied to fake volume boxes and planes.
the latest one, the one i uploaded is with the vdb box which worked quite well. i uploaded the file since you asked, just to probe the possible scaling issues regarding the first batch of screenshots.

i have managed to get some better clouds, but the performance price is unbearable.
as a workaround, i tried to render out clouds as a simple backdrop, but i cant seem to get the same contrast of the image.
i tried gamma settings aswell as exposure but its not entirely right.

on the upside - i am trying unreal engine octane and it seems to be a panacea. i am very excited by the first tests.
i will surely be posting more over at the UE subforum.

currently i am wondering how displacements and volumes are handled, and what the pitfalls are.
seems like vdb are supported by orbx proxies but i never used those.

if you might illuminate what the upsides of orbx are and how to create them (preferably from blender since i dont unterstand standalone at all) i would be very grateful.

sorry grimm, i have no idea what is going on there.
crackfox
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Blender