Makes sense to switch back to Octane Blender

Forums: Makes sense to switch back to Octane Blender
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Re: Makes sense to switch back to Octane Blender

Postby linograndiotoy » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:55 am

linograndiotoy Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:55 am
..pls post more locations with octane resources/addons groups if you can, this is first stuff I've seen here

We probably need a dedicated section.
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: Makes sense to switch back to Octane Blender

Postby acc24ex » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:26 am

acc24ex Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:26 am
linograndiotoy wrote:
..pls post more locations with octane resources/addons groups if you can, this is first stuff I've seen here

We probably need a dedicated section.

OK I'm getting some pipeline - so just installed principled baker - easy baking tool, press detect, create new material, bake, bam - procedural textures baked - turn on octane, Q convert to octane materials

.. for the helper addon, the convert to octane would be useful, actually, making it one single action - bake, convert to octane would be great.. yeah,
..this my first time actually baking stuff in blender - this addon makes it super easy

..also made the cycles and eeve nodes point to material output for eevee and cycles, and the octane one to octane - so when I switch from octane to eeve it's all showing up almost like it's integrated
- now having eeve still show when switching to material preview would seem like a good idea

- and build some helper tool that bakes procedurals (but doesn't conform to uv, just bakes them as textures) - again I think 3dsmax plugin made this for the built in noises - auto baking on the fly - and could obviously do that for the cycles noise nodes
..actually convert to octane should leave in the cycles/eeve nodes and add the octane one.. that's gonna be a lot more seamless

..yup make the section pls - something like Blender to octane pipeline and resources
[size=85]3dmax, zbrush, UE
//Behance profile //BOONAR
//Octane render toolbox 3dsmax
acc24ex
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Blender