Shading in blender / lantency

Forums: Shading in blender / lantency
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Shading in blender / lantency

Postby Maskeline » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:58 pm

Maskeline Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:58 pm
Hello.
I am user of maya con octane. Right now I'm trying to work with blender and octane, and I found something that puzzled me.
One of the best features of octane is the ability to work the materials and see at the moment how they affect the render. With maya this works perfectly but with blender does not work as I expected;
- If we have a complex scene (it takes about 30 seconds to start the render) and we vary some aspect of the materials, it takes another 30 seconds to show it (no matter how small this change is). The way this doesn't happen is by taking out the nodegraph; this way it is immediate, but most of the time it loses the changed parameters.
This makes it almost impossible to work with complex scenes. I would say that if there is no other way to deal with this issue, it makes it impossible to work in production.
Is there any other way?
I am using version 20.6 with blender 2.81
Thanks
Maskeline
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Shading in blender / lantency

Postby J.C » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:23 pm

J.C Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:23 pm
Loading and compiling scene may take some time especially when object have modifies. After the scene is loaded there should not be any reloads when changing material parameters. Can you share the scene where such issue exists?
CPU – i9 13900KF, 128GB RAM, GPU – RTX 4090
System – Windows 11
My Behance portfolio, Blender plugin FB support group
J.C
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Maskeline » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:22 pm

Maskeline Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:22 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I have done several tests tried to find out what the problem is. Long shader update times happen only when I use Image Tile Tex node to load UDIM textures.

Best regards.
Maskeline
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby linograndiotoy » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:07 am

linograndiotoy Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:07 am
Maskeline wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I have done several tests tried to find out what the problem is. Long shader update times happen only when I use Image Tile Tex node to load UDIM textures.

Best regards.

Thanks for reporting this!
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Blender