Question about OC for Blender 2.8

Forums: Question about OC for Blender 2.8
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Re: Question about OC for Blender 2.8

Postby RSC » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:38 pm

RSC Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:38 pm
Any updates if Octane v4 will still be implemented in Blender 2.8?
RSC
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby J.C » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:13 am

J.C Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:13 am
RSC wrote:Any updates if Octane v4 will still be implemented in Blender 2.8?

Nope, only version 2019 and up.
CPU – i9 13900KF, 128GB RAM, GPU – RTX 4090
System – Windows 11
My Behance portfolio, Blender plugin FB support group
J.C
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby jerzy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:11 am

jerzy Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:11 am
linograndiotoy wrote:
jerzy wrote:Thanks for the reply.

Bit off topic. Will there be a version of V4 for Blender 2.8 once released or will current V4 users have to sign-up for subscription to continue to use Octane with contemporary versions of Blender?

Octane 2018/2019 for Blender 2.8 will be released first, with V4 following closely.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=68774&start=20

I had asked this question in another discussion and I was told at that time V4 was going to be released but after 2018/19. Has that plan changed?
jerzy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby linograndiotoy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:39 pm

linograndiotoy Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:39 pm
jerzy wrote:
linograndiotoy wrote:
jerzy wrote:Thanks for the reply.

Bit off topic. Will there be a version of V4 for Blender 2.8 once released or will current V4 users have to sign-up for subscription to continue to use Octane with contemporary versions of Blender?

Octane 2018/2019 for Blender 2.8 will be released first, with V4 following closely.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=68774&start=20

I had asked this question in another discussion and I was told at that time V4 was going to be released but after 2018/19. Has that plan changed?

No, I don't think that's changed.

There will not be Octane 4 for Blender 2.8 "free tier" for sure, because that would not make any sense.

I'll investigate and give you a more definitive answer soon!
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby ivobran » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:25 pm

ivobran Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:25 pm
Hi Lino! First congratulations on the new Octane for Blender version, it is awesome!

I wanted to ask will there be any news for the subscription version?

Also when will you integrate the stable 2.8 and will livedb, hair and motion blur be fixed?

And one or two off questions since I'm coming from C4D: does the blender version use the particle system instead of Octane scatter for distribution of objects?
About lights, isn't there also light options as in C4D when you put tags on a regular light, i can't seem to find those parameters and octane is not supporting the native spot, area, etc..

Sorry i am bothering but until the documentation is updated there are some things i am missing that i am used to while working in C4D.

Any info is welcomed and thank you!
ivobran
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby J.C » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:15 pm

J.C Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:15 pm
ivobran wrote:
And one or two off questions since I'm coming from C4D: does the blender version use the particle system instead of Octane scatter for distribution of objects?
About lights, isn't there also light options as in C4D when you put tags on a regular light, i can't seem to find those parameters and octane is not supporting the native spot, area, etc..

Octane plugin uses Blender particle system (emitter and hair) or dupliverts as scatter solution. Both have cons and pros. I mostly use particle system (hair) to scatter objects which feel the most flexible for me.

About lights, Blender plugin uses meshes as light emitters. You have to create diffuse material with emission to create a light.
You can also use Blender's area light but you have to manually add material with emission. In 2.8 it is done automatically. Spot light has to be done using texture connected to distribution input and perspective projection.
CPU – i9 13900KF, 128GB RAM, GPU – RTX 4090
System – Windows 11
My Behance portfolio, Blender plugin FB support group
J.C
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ivobran » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:43 pm

ivobran Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:43 pm
J.C wrote:Octane plugin uses Blender particle system (emitter and hair) or dupliverts as scatter solution. Both have cons and pros. I mostly use particle system (hair) to scatter objects which feel the most flexible for me.

About lights, Blender plugin uses meshes as light emitters. You have to create diffuse material with emission to create a light.
You can also use Blender's area light but you have to manually add material with emission. In 2.8 it is done automatically. Spot light has to be done using texture connected to distribution input and perspective projection.

Thanks J.C!
I already figured it out for Spot and IES lights although it woild have been nice to have octane support for the native blender lights. For the particle system i just starting playing with it. All i am missing is just Live and LocalDB so i can import my library..
ivobran
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Blender