Some questions

Forums: Some questions
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Some questions

Postby Omnitrix » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:53 am

Omnitrix Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:53 am
Hello! Sorry for question like this. I am still using v1 Octane and I wanna upgrate as soon as possible, but I have some questions.
I need to know, if this possible to make toon material and proper SSS (for skin) in Blender plugin? All info that I was able to find is for C4D.
Also I have some question about layers. is this feature exists there? It's really important to me render the whole model but with layers, because I need to change many things on seperate parts like in Photoshop. (Seperate mesh - seperate layer, for example: gloves layer, shoes layer and e.t.c)

And offtopic question, sorry for my stupidity. Can I upgrade from v1 directly to v4?
Omnitrix
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Some questions

Postby J.C » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:21 pm

J.C Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:21 pm
If you want to upgrade you license you need to visit your Octane account and check the available options.

Since V3 there are toon materials and lights. Check official manuals ho to use them. Best manual is for Cinema 4d and Standalone.
There is SSS implemented in the engine that can help you create skin material and other translucent materials too.
The Blender layers work fine and can be combined with Octane layers too.
CPU – i9 13900KF, 128GB RAM, GPU – RTX 4090
System – Windows 11
My Behance portfolio, Blender plugin FB support group
J.C
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Omnitrix » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:38 pm

Omnitrix Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:38 pm
J.C wrote:If you want to upgrade you license you need to visit your Octane account and check the available options.

Since V3 there are toon materials and lights. Check official manuals ho to use them. Best manual is for Cinema 4d and Standalone.
There is SSS implemented in the engine that can help you create skin material and other translucent materials too.
The Blender layers work fine and can be combined with Octane layers too.

Thank you for answer!
I think, I incorrectly expressed my question about layers. I don't mean layers on modeling step, I mean layers on render. Like in Photoshop (I have the whole render of character, but I need each part of it on seperate layer). I can't render each part seperately and it's uncomfortable. Or sorry and I misunderstood your answer, because I know only one feature of layers in Blender (it's like moving mesh to another layer).
And another question. I need to upgrade Standalone to get my Blender plugin work?
Omnitrix
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby J.C » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:05 pm

J.C Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:05 pm
Hi, I ment render layers not just layers. They work fine with Octane plugin. If you want to use masking you need to use Octane layer system.
System – Windows 11
My Behance portfolio, Blender plugin FB support group
J.C
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby J.C » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:47 pm

J.C Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:47 pm
Here is an example how Octane layerers work with Blender layer system:
new render layers.jpg