Network rendering : not working ?

Forums: Network rendering : not working ?
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Network rendering : not working ?

Postby archimage » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:24 pm

archimage Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:24 pm
Hello there,

I am new to blender octane and having trouble to get network rendering correctly :

Even when I get net gpu 2/2 (which is the right number of gpu in the slave machine), the number of samples don't get any further than 1.8ms/s with or without network connection.

Also I don't see gpus getting hot on the slave machine.

Firewalls are all opened to all the exes on both sides.

I got once the green message on the network preferences with slave "available, but only once, and since then always orange, authenticating or slave running.

The slave always ends bailing out at some time.

In the octane log on server side I always get this message :

"could not bind to daemon 192.168.0.8 because it has incorrect state: slave is running"

I tried both 4.01 and 4.00 on both sides and nothing has changed so far.

Sometimes I also get CUDA error 700.

I'm running on W10 and downgraded to the 417.71 drivers, my gpus are all 780ti which seem to work fine when used locally.

Am I missing something ?

Thanks
archimage
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Network rendering : not working ?

Postby brent_3d » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:18 pm

brent_3d Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:18 pm
My 2-cents here.
1)Main Machine:
-*To insure a clean Octane Addon install in Blender un-check the Octane Addon in Blender, save preference and close Blender, then re-open Blender and re-check Octane Addon to activate.
- make sure Octane/Blender and the Corresponding Octane Server are of the same build and have firewall and network access (make sure your machines have the proper permissions to read/write and see all rendering machines on the network).
- Make sure only one version of Octane/Blender and Octane Server are running.

2) Networked Render Machines:
- Make sure all machines are using the same Nvidia Drivers as your Main Machine (example v.417.0, which is what I use)
-Make sure that only one corresponding Octane Slave is installed and running on each Networked Machines, and make sure to properly uninstall any non-related versions with the Octane Slave Uninstaller.
-Make sure you have an Octane license for each networked rendering machine and that the corresponding version of Octane is installed on them.
-Once all the above is setup, restart the Network Render Machines to allow for proper network connection with Network Daemons and the Octane/Blender Main Machine.

I render specifically with a network and the above are the steps I follow for trouble free Octane/Blender network rendering.
*Note: Sometimes a Win10 update can throw off network connectivity settings.

-Brent
brent_3d
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Blender