Fork Blender

Forums: Fork Blender
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Re: Fork Blender

Postby linograndiotoy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:16 pm

linograndiotoy Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:16 pm
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Obizzz » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:56 pm

Obizzz Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:56 pm
I’ve only used Octane for Modo and Standalone but the Modo version has on the fly conversion of Modo materials. Not eveything is supported but the basics are as well as Unity and Unreal PBR shaders. On the fly conversion of at least the basic shader features of Cycles would be really nice.

I plan on getting into Blender a bit more now with the 2.80 release and I wouldn’t mind using Octane as I’m already familiar with it.
Obizzz
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby linograndiotoy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:52 pm

linograndiotoy Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:52 pm
Obizzz wrote:I’ve only used Octane for Modo and Standalone but the Modo version has on the fly conversion of Modo materials. Not eveything is supported but the basics are as well as Unity and Unreal PBR shaders. On the fly conversion of at least the basic shader features of Cycles would be really nice.

I plan on getting into Blender a bit more now with the 2.80 release and I wouldn’t mind using Octane as I’m already familiar with it.

Automatic material conversion from Cycles to Octane (considering the limits of the operation) is something we're absolutely considering to add later on, when we'll have a stable Octane 2.8 integration, which shouldn't be too far away.
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby acc24ex » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:49 pm

acc24ex Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:49 pm
linograndiotoy wrote:
J.C wrote:If you are license owner I think you can ask Otoy for Blender's code.

Blender 2.8 is still beta. The plans for integrating it are after it is officially released.

Octane integration into Blender 2.8 will start before the official release, so we can have it ready and tested as Blender 2.8 will be officially released.

It would have been a good idea to at least announce something about octane for blender 2.8 while blender rc1 is being released..
when is this "before the official release" date going to be? it's pretty much nearing official release, rc1 is locked..
[size=85]3dmax, zbrush, UE
//Behance profile //BOONAR
//Octane render toolbox 3dsmax
acc24ex
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Blender