Octane Server License Issue

Forums: Octane Server License Issue
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Octane Server License Issue

Postby ChaosOver » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:08 pm

ChaosOver Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:08 pm
Hi,

i have this license running for both Linux and Windows (dual boot machine). Since there is no up-to-date linux version of octane blender available, i installed it on windows.
The Standalone version of Octane works fine with my license/login, but for some reason the Octane Server throws me an error "Could not find the required license". I have 2 network adapters on my mainboard. Is the Octane Server maybe checking against the wrong MAC Address?

Just to make it clear: I can run the Standalone and the Octane Server for blender on linux without any problems. But running windows only the Standalone will work. The Octane Server for blender says the license is in use and has to be unlocked.

Please advice.
...long, long time ago....SGI Octane 2xR10k 175MHz, 4GB RAM, MXI Graphics - and SGI o2, R10k 195MHz, 2GB RAM, AV I/O Board. Both on IRIX 6.5. ;)
ChaosOver
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane Server License Issue

Postby mojave » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:44 am

mojave Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:44 am
Depending on your hardware settings, your machine may seem not to be the same one from Octane's perspective depending whether you are running Linux or Windows, this means that the same principle as when you use different machines applies, so I'd recommend to make sure you are not using offline mode and that there are no Octane SA or any host application (Blender in your case) running when you restart your machine.
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby ChaosOver » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:53 pm

ChaosOver Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:53 pm
mojave wrote:Depending on your hardware settings, your machine may seem not to be the same one from Octane's perspective depending whether you are running Linux or Windows, this means that the same principle as when you use different machines applies, so I'd recommend to make sure you are not using offline mode and that there are no Octane SA or any host application (Blender in your case) running when you restart your machine.

Yeah that's what i said. It's checking against different MAC Addresses(Host ID). But why does the Octane Server for blender check against a different ethernet adapter(MAC Address) than the Standalone?
I'm not using the offline mode and i have only one app running.
...long, long time ago....SGI Octane 2xR10k 175MHz, 4GB RAM, MXI Graphics - and SGI o2, R10k 195MHz, 2GB RAM, AV I/O Board. Both on IRIX 6.5. ;)
ChaosOver
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mojave » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:11 pm

mojave Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:11 pm
I can see two possible problems:

- Either you are using a subscription (VR) build of the Blender server or,
- When closing the server on Linux your license was not released properly (i.e. the application crashed or the OS killed before being closed properly), not leaving it available when you try to use it on Windows.
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby meierdesigns » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:34 pm

meierdesigns Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:34 pm
Octane has the worst license method ever! I have never experienced something like this. The hour you have to wait is a joke, since the license is not activating after that hour either. I wish I had never bought this software. They also told me I couldn't give the software back, even though here in Germany we have 14 days of time to give back any software purchased online. This is seriously fraudy. Hours have passed since I contacted the support. It is also hardcore that you need to buy a license per plugin for each software. Also the local server crashes after a while, and I have no clue why it does that. No error, just shutting down. You guys have sold some bad software! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
meierdesigns
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Blender