Update and Introduction

Forums: Update and Introduction
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Re: Update and Introduction

Postby RealityFox » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:24 pm

RealityFox Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:24 pm
Is there any news with regards to improving the manual for Blender? It's fairly barren. Basically no info with using compositing in Blender/Octane. Octane is great but the lack of online help is a bit saddening.

And in terms of usability I have a small request, would it make sense to have a dedicated hdri node for the environment that has some basic options like rotation/scale and what not? Right now you need a separate node for it but in reality you almost always need to have it so why have a two node system for it? The hdmi node could expand in the future with things like blur as well.

3.06 for Blender sounds like it's going at a slow pace, so is the idea to just wait until 3.1 to update the plugin? If 3.1 is coming out anytime soon...
Last edited by RealityFox on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RealityFox
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby azen » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:14 pm

azen Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:14 pm
RealityFox wrote:Is there any news with regards to improving the manual for Blender? It's fairly barren. Basically no info with using compositing in Blender/Octane. Octane is great but the lack of online help is a bit saddening.

And in terms of usability I have a small request, would it make sense to have a dedicated hdmi node for the environment that has some basic options like rotation/scale and what not? Right now you need a separate node for it but in reality you almost always need to have it so why have a two node system for it? The hdmi node could expand in the future with things like blur as well.

3.06 for Blender sounds like it's going at a slow pace, so is the idea to just wait until 3.1 to update the plugin? If 3.1 is coming out anytime soon...

Documentation for Blender, and documentation on a whole, has been revamped and continues to be refined and improved as we speak. Of course, we are open to expanding documentation based on user feedback and suggestions.

Regarding the HDMI node, are you referring to HDRI by any chance? Your suggestion may be worth putting to the core team, rather than implementing at the plugin level. Thank you for the suggestion.

We do have 3.07 around the horizon. Hopefully, the major issues in the current stable build will be resolved with this new core-level implementation.
azen
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby lakris » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:01 pm

lakris Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:01 pm
Welcome Azen

I am glad to see that something is going on in the Blender section, it is quite silent in long periods of time.

To be honest, I have been returning to Cycles and figured out how to render fast and without noise(and now they have a new denoiser option) and so on lately, because of the slow development of the Octane Blender Plugin (I know it's a hard job)
I was exited with Octane standalone when i found it (when it was Refractive) - and again when people made a Blender Plugin for export - and even more when the official Octane Blender version came out, but then the personally long waits arrived :-(

I am one of those artists who wants to create smoke, fire, explosions, physics, particles, PBR textures and liquids in one scene, cleaner faster and more sharpen and beautiful than in Cycles (I think Octane is doing a much better job, don't worry), but i get a bit dissapointed every time a new version is out.
I have even been looking at Houdini, but there is a cost(program + Octane Plugin) and I am not willing or able to pay that right now, and I don't know how good the Octane plugin integration is.

It has been a while since I have used Octane Blender (I have downloaded the 11.24 version and installed it)

My question is :-)

Are we there yet?
Am i able to do all of the above stuff I have mentioned (smoke, fire, explosions, physics, particles, PBR textures and liquids in one scene)?
- without thousands of workarounds?

Besides all that, I think that Octane Render is great, fast and do a beautiful job :-)

Lakris
Win 10 - 64 bit, Intel Corei7-7800X CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 32 gb ram, 2x Gigabyte RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB, OctaneRender for Blender - The most recent stable build - Houdini indie 18.5.499
lakris
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby allabulle » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:25 pm

allabulle Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:25 pm
+1
allabulle
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby zukan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:26 pm

zukan Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:26 pm
any news for us? 3.06 STABLE ready yet?
MacOS Sierra 10.12.3 - GTX 970 + GTX 780 Ti - 16 GB RAM - Nvidia Driver: 367.15.10.35f01 - Octane Blender 3.05.3 - 11.23 - Blender 2.78a
zukan
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Dmi3ryd » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:43 pm

Dmi3ryd Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:43 pm
+++ :roll:
Win 8.1/64 | Geforce GTX780TI | Core I7 970 | 24GB
Dmi3ryd
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby simdal » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:59 am

simdal Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:59 am
+1000 :cry:
Win 10 64, 4xGTX780ti 8xTeslaK80, Octane, Blender, Archicad
simdal
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mirobimbo » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:10 am

mirobimbo Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:10 am
+1000+1 :lol:
Sorry my English.
mirobimbo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby azen » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:37 am

azen Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:37 am
lakris wrote:Welcome Azen

I am glad to see that something is going on in the Blender section, it is quite silent in long periods of time.

To be honest, I have been returning to Cycles and figured out how to render fast and without noise(and now they have a new denoiser option) and so on lately, because of the slow development of the Octane Blender Plugin (I know it's a hard job)
I was exited with Octane standalone when i found it (when it was Refractive) - and again when people made a Blender Plugin for export - and even more when the official Octane Blender version came out, but then the personally long waits arrived :-(

I am one of those artists who wants to create smoke, fire, explosions, physics, particles, PBR textures and liquids in one scene, cleaner faster and more sharpen and beautiful than in Cycles (I think Octane is doing a much better job, don't worry), but i get a bit dissapointed every time a new version is out.
I have even been looking at Houdini, but there is a cost(program + Octane Plugin) and I am not willing or able to pay that right now, and I don't know how good the Octane plugin integration is.

It has been a while since I have used Octane Blender (I have downloaded the 11.24 version and installed it)

My question is :-)

Are we there yet?
Am i able to do all of the above stuff I have mentioned (smoke, fire, explosions, physics, particles, PBR textures and liquids in one scene)?
- without thousands of workarounds?

Besides all that, I think that Octane Render is great, fast and do a beautiful job :-)

Lakris

Hi Larkis,

Apologies for the belated response. A combination of sickness leave and high workloads have delayed me somewhat. Apologies once again you and the Blender users.

The process of fully assembling our resources around overhauling Blender is still on-going. We will strive to be as comprehensive with this as possible, as committing to a roadmap too early will only cause more problems in the long run. Emphasis is placed on improving robustness, and resolving compatibility issues between Blender and the latest Octane builds. The situation is on-going, though I will be expecting to have more informative updates once we have a stable 3.07 version of Octane completed, as this will lead into what could potentially be substantial internal changes to Blender.
azen
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby cHirio » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:18 am

cHirio Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:18 am
Welcome Azen!
I would love to see the Blender Addon on a C4D or 3DSMax level aswell.
Like others I went back to cycles for most of my projects due to the lack of support and usability in the past.
Can't wait to see what the future holds for us blender users :)

Regards, Dario
cHirio
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Blender