Update and Introduction

Forums: Update and Introduction
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Re: Update and Introduction

Postby J.C » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:46 am

J.C Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:46 am
azen wrote:Hi all,

Just to let you know - the latest 3.07 version is currently being tested internally, and will be released early this week. A number of fixes and improvements will come with this release. Also, this will be a return to the simultaneous release of all versions for the plugin (as opposed to the gradual roll-out that occurred last time).

Cheers,
Azen

Cool! Can't wait :)
Thank you for the update.
CPU – i9 13900KF, 128GB RAM, GPU – RTX 4090
System – Windows 11
My Behance portfolio, Blender plugin FB support group
J.C
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby azen » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:10 am

azen Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:10 am
Hi all,

Apologies for the delay - a new release for Octane 3.07 was just rolled out, and the build was held back in order to add support for the render core updates.

There are a couple new features in this one for you all to try out. The build is pretty stable over all, but will still be marked as a "test" build due to Octane 3.07 still being in its test phases. For those waiting for Blender 2.79 integration, this is still planned. It was unable to make it into this version, but is still upcoming.

Cheers,
Azen
azen
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby J.C » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:17 am

J.C Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:17 am
Thanks for the release. Already reported back with first bug.
System – Windows 11
J.C
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby J.C » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:39 am

J.C Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:39 am
azen wrote:Hi all,

I am known on the Forum as Azen.

I have previously aided with work over 3ds Max and Sketchup. I have overseen improved testing, continuously integrated user feedback into our development roadmap, and have generally assisted wherever possible with improving development and support. I still oversee the testing processes and user feedback for Sketchup, but from here on in I will be focusing the bulk of my efforts on Blender.

Any feedback or comments will be welcome on this thread. I look forward to seeing more of you all soon.

Cheers,
Azen

Hi Azen,

Looks like we are again left on ourselves. Waiting for a simple answer takes you or the other developer a day, two, three... or even there is no answer. You've posted on this section over a month ago. Are you on the other planet so it's hard for you to communicate? Why it's so hard to answer on time? You've tried at the beginning but now it's again the same as before. We've setup a Facebook support group where it's much easier to communicate but you did not join. Your support depends on this plugin future. Please let us know if you are not going to support blender plugin development or we should switch to something else with better support.

Regards
J.C
System – Windows 11
J.C
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby azen » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:36 am

azen Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:36 am
Hi,

Apologies for the recent silence on the forums. Over the past week, we have been preparing for release of the next version. Due to technical issues, the Linux build is still in progress. Windows and Mac versions are in testing.

After focusing our attention primarily on the Bug Report section for the past month, our priority has been getting our new improved version released as soon as possible. Improvements include, but are not limited to:

[list=]
[*] Support for Blender 2.79
[*] Support for more than 32 Render Passes
[/list]

As we are close to releasing our latest version, we aimed to focus entirely on building the applications. The Linux issue will delay us to early next week.

Apologies again for not maintaining communication over the past week, particularly in light of our current delay. We aim to keep our communication to user for when we have meaningful updates to make, but will aim to maintain contact in the times between as well.

Cheers,
Azen
azen
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Dmi3ryd » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:14 am

Dmi3ryd Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:14 am
Good day azen.

Could you clarify an approximate date of next release?
I mean with Blender 2.79.

Thanks.
Win 8.1/64 | Geforce GTX780TI | Core I7 970 | 24GB
Dmi3ryd
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby azen » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:25 pm

azen Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:25 pm
Hi Dmi3ryd,

Our preference would be to push all three versions of the Blender plugin at once. With internal technical issues with our Linux testbeds, we may instead push the Mac OSX and Windows builds first. following up with Linux asap.

In the case of releasing Mac and Windows versions, we will be ready to release those by tomorrow at the latest.
azen
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Dmi3ryd » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:02 am

Dmi3ryd Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:02 am
In the case of releasing Mac and Windows versions, we will be ready to release those by tomorrow at the latest.

I'm glad to hear it, especially for Windows. :roll:
Win 8.1/64 | Geforce GTX780TI | Core I7 970 | 24GB
Dmi3ryd
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby J.C » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:29 am

J.C Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:29 am
azen wrote:Hi,

Apologies for the recent silence on the forums. Over the past week, we have been preparing for release of the next version. Due to technical issues, the Linux build is still in progress. Windows and Mac versions are in testing.

After focusing our attention primarily on the Bug Report section for the past month, our priority has been getting our new improved version released as soon as possible. Improvements include, but are not limited to:

[list=]
[*] Support for Blender 2.79
[*] Support for more than 32 Render Passes
[/list]

As we are close to releasing our latest version, we aimed to focus entirely on building the applications. The Linux issue will delay us to early next week.

Apologies again for not maintaining communication over the past week, particularly in light of our current delay. We aim to keep our communication to user for when we have meaningful updates to make, but will aim to maintain contact in the times between as well.

Cheers,
Azen

No need to appologise. We just want you to be more responsive.

Can you comment what was fixed in previous builds and what will be fixed next?
System – Windows 11
J.C
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby azen » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:36 am

azen Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:36 am
Hi J.C.,

A full breakdown of the new features, fixes, and near future goals on our Development timeline. This will be provided later today.

Cheers,
Azen
azen
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

PreviousNext

Return to Blender