Update and Introduction

Forums: Update and Introduction
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Update and Introduction

Postby azen » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:23 pm

azen Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:23 pm
Hi all,

I am known on the Forum as Azen.

I have previously aided with work over 3ds Max and Sketchup. I have overseen improved testing, continuously integrated user feedback into our development roadmap, and have generally assisted wherever possible with improving development and support. I still oversee the testing processes and user feedback for Sketchup, but from here on in I will be focusing the bulk of my efforts on Blender.

Any feedback or comments will be welcome on this thread. I look forward to seeing more of you all soon.

Cheers,
Azen
azen
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: Update and Introduction

Postby grimm » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:31 pm

grimm Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:31 pm
Welcome Azen! I'm looking forward to seeing what you will do with the plugin. :)
Linux Mint 20 x64 | Nvidia GTX 980 4GB (displays) RTX 2070 8GB| Intel I7 5820K 3.8 Ghz | 32Gb Memory | Nvidia Driver 460.56
grimm
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Dmi3ryd » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:52 am

Dmi3ryd Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:52 am
Hello Azen! ;)

I hope that everything will be good.
And in future we'll see new blender – octane plugin.

Thank you and welcome! :roll:
Win 8.1/64 | Geforce GTX780TI | Core I7 970 | 24GB
Dmi3ryd
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby azen » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:04 pm

azen Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:04 pm
Thank you all,

I am currently starting things off by reading through and replicating the recent bug reports, and gauging user requests based on their feasibility. I will be monitoring this thread also, if anyone has any questions or suggestions for me to better improve the user experience for this forum.

Cheers,
Azen
azen
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby zurkdahool » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:39 am

zurkdahool Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:39 am
Welcome Azen!

Thank you for your efforts in advance and thank you for sending some signs of life to this forum!

Marco
zurkdahool
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aufwind » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:06 am

aufwind Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:06 am
Hi Azen,

welcome on board.

Is the Blender Plug-In going to evolve like the SketchUp-Plug-In with the Standalone GUI?

I really would love to see that.

Currently I'm using the Blender-Plug-In only for basic material creation and as an exporter to Octane Standalone
because there are a lot of drawbacks which make the Plug-In at least in my opinion unusable for productive rendering.

- Layout with Interactive Render and Final Render with both having different and not all the functionalities of the Standalone is frustrating
(Like Saving, Seeing effect of changing Parameters/Values, Renderlayers, Post Effects...)
- Plug-In dependent on a modified Blender Version which usally is way behind the current Blender development.
- Missing Lua Script Support, etc.
- Switching between noise pass / light passes and combined will retrigger the rendering. Can't set more than 1024 samples.
- Missing Integration of CSV Particle Export to Standalone (although a community script exists)

Alhough I do like the Blender Node System way more than the Octane Standalone, I would trade this in if necessary for having
greater flexibility in using a non Octane modified official Blender Version.
Win7 | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | I7 3770K | 2x Titan (Kepler) | 1x Titan X (Pascal)
aufwind
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby azen » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:03 am

azen Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:03 am
aufwind wrote:Hi Azen,

welcome on board.

Is the Blender Plug-In going to evolve like the SketchUp-Plug-In with the Standalone GUI?

I really would love to see that.

Currently I'm using the Blender-Plug-In only for basic material creation and as an exporter to Octane Standalone
because there are a lot of drawbacks which make the Plug-In at least in my opinion unusable for productive rendering.

- Layout with Interactive Render and Final Render with both having different and not all the functionalities of the Standalone is frustrating
(Like Saving, Seeing effect of changing Parameters/Values, Renderlayers, Post Effects...)
- Plug-In dependent on a modified Blender Version which usally is way behind the current Blender development.
- Missing Lua Script Support, etc.
- Switching between noise pass / light passes and combined will retrigger the rendering. Can't set more than 1024 samples.
- Missing Integration of CSV Particle Export to Standalone (although a community script exists)

Alhough I do like the Blender Node System way more than the Octane Standalone, I would trade this in if necessary for having
greater flexibility in using a non Octane modified official Blender Version.

Hi aufwind,

Thanks to you and all, for the kind words and the valuable feedback.

Much like with Sketchup and 3DS Max before it, Blender will require a fresh approach to development, tighter integration of user feedback into the development pipeline, and more focused resources. Blender is definitely a unique case among our plugins, and our final plan of attack will bear little to no resemblance to what we have done with other plugins. The

: Emulating the SU approach to exposing Standalone functions directly in a custom interface may warrant investigation. We would need to assess the feasibility of this or alternative approaches.

- Plug-In dependent on a modified Blender Version which usually is way behind the current Blender development.: This is one of the necessary requirements for Blender development, as we must work within the bounds of Blender's license agreement.

- Missing Lua Script Support, etc / Missing Integration of CSV Particle Export to Standalone (although a community script exists): This could be worth further investigation. The particle export feature looks encouraging.

- Switching between noise pass / light passes and combined will retrigger the rendering. Can't set more than 1024 samples.: Could you clarify regarding the 1024 samples? How are you unable to exceed 1024 samples in your render view?

Cheers,
Azen
azen
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby mib2berlin » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:10 am

mib2berlin Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:10 am
Hi and welcome Azen.
It will be possible in the future .orbx file to import in Blender?

Cheers, mib
Opensuse Leap 42.3/64 i5-3570K 16 GB
GTX 760 4 GB Driver: 430.31
Octane 3.08 Blender Octane
mib2berlin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby masterxeon1001 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:02 am

masterxeon1001 Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:02 am
Hello there is a plugin of late called Decal Machine that I would like to port to octane. Does octane have a parallax / displacement type workflow for decals in a deferred workflow?

[youtube]https://youtu.be/eUQ4HSCYJfg?t=1h5m20s[/youtube]

The workflow involves making textured planes and having them show parallax and a basic shader at rendertime.
masterxeon1001
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby allabulle » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:09 pm

allabulle Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:09 pm
It would be great to have Decal Machine ported to Octane. I sincerely hope it could be done.
allabulle
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to Blender