Dear Otoy....

Forums: Dear Otoy....
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Re: Dear Otoy....

Postby eklein » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:25 pm

eklein Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:25 pm
I don't think you can map Blender to C4D/Modo development, they are very different due to the burdens and resources spent working around Blender GPL. With every update we make to OR Blender, we also need to build a new custom Blender, post changes we make to custom blender publicly for GPL compliance etc. it's a lot of time and work that could be better spent on the core plug-in work.

Goldorak first thank you for taking the time to respond to this thread your are missing my point completed. I am not talking about development speed of the Blender plugin. I know development takes longer and it has been mention before.

What I am talking about is customer support on the forum. For example look at the Bug report section their has not been a response from the developer of the plugin since February. That to me is not an acceptable situation. Compare that to Cinema 4D or Modo forum section, where the developer response usually is within 24 hours. Why is it not possible for the developer of the plugin to take one hour a week and respond to all the forum questions and bugs? Also once in a while gives us a progress update on the development of the plugin.

I really like the Octane plugin. I hope the customer support situation is improve for the benefit of all us.
eklein
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby J.C » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:52 am

J.C Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:52 am
eklein wrote:

What I am talking about is customer support on the forum. For example look at the Bug report section their has not been a response from the developer of the plugin since February. That to me is not an acceptable situation. Compare that to Cinema 4D or Modo forum section, where the developer response usually is within 24 hours. Why is it not possible for the developer of the plugin to take one hour a week and respond to all the forum questions and bugs? Also once in a while gives us a progress update on the development of the plugin.

I really like the Octane plugin. I hope the customer support situation is improve for the benefit of all us.

This was is exactly my point too.
CPU – i9 13900KF, 128GB RAM, GPU – RTX 4090
System – Windows 11
My Behance portfolio, Blender plugin FB support group
J.C
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby tungerz » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:42 pm

tungerz Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:42 pm
Is anyone working on the blender/octane port?
Win7 64bit...Q6600 Quad core...8Gig Mem...9600 geforce...Daily Build Blender2.5x...Lionel's(Yoyoz)1.10 Blender Exporter... 0 Skill=Priceless
tungerz
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:31 am

Goldorak Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:31 am
tungerz wrote:Is anyone working on the blender/octane port?

Yes. Jim is working on 3.06 and Maxc is handling forum support.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Previous

Return to Blender