animation export dont work with fluid mesh

Forums: animation export dont work with fluid mesh
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

animation export dont work with fluid mesh

Postby dave62 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:09 pm

dave62 Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:09 pm
i want to render a fluid sim out of blender.
Due to the need for a hires-sim, i am on ubuntu64, using blender 2.49(: and the 2.49 octane exporter script.
After first "renderpreview" export, i setup the materials in octane. I dropped some mat out of the live DB into the node editor and then connect it to the specific node.
Then i saved the ocs to keep the mat-setup for the animation.
But afterwards the fluidmesh is no more refreshed while exporting for animation. There is no more fluid animation only a stiil of the frame in which i previously setup the materials and saved the ocs.
Without a previous mat-setup in octane the fluid sim gets exported correctly...
What can i do?

Using octane for some weeks now. i must say: I love it a lot, its awesome for stills! -but...
as blender user the most time consuming task is the export and the hustle with the material setup which i got to repeat after each lil change/addition inside blender.
I think using obj makes octane compatible to a lot of 3d suites but is also a bottleneck for a good export.
Is there any new update/release of an blender25 export script planned? also for linux?
What can the community do to improve the workflow?.....maybe just chill and wait for x-mas... 2.3v6?? ;)

regards dave

edit: it only seems to work under winxp32 with blender 2.49
- Mint 10 64bit nvidia drv 260.19.29/cudatoolkit3.0 intel q6600, 4gbRAM, GTX470 1,2GB
- Mint 10 64bit/ Win7 64bit nvidia drv 260.19.29/cudatoolkit3.2 amd X6, 16gbRAM, 2x GTX580 3GB
->Octane 2.44/ Blender2.5x
dave62
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: animation export dont work with fluid mesh

Postby simon » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:54 pm

simon Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:54 pm
I was looking in previous posts for someone having a similar problem like I do. Yours sounds a bit alike. I'm on Ubuntu64, using Blender 2.49 and the exporter script for octane. Even if it's made for octane beta 2.2 I'm using it with 2.46 and it works fine for stills so far.

Now I need to render an animation. After I setup a scene I start the exporter. Strange thing is octane is receiving only the movement of the camera, but not the changes regarding the objects. I'm getting the feeling octane is using the same .obj file without reexporting. Is that maybe a Linux problem? Did anybody manage to render animations under Ubuntu?
Ubuntu 10.04 64bit | GeForce GTX 460 | Core 2 Quad 2.5GHz | 4GB DDR2
simon
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Blender