Octane for Blender: Viewport Color of Material (like Cycles)

Forums: Octane for Blender: Viewport Color of Material (like Cycles)
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Octane for Blender: Viewport Color of Material (like Cycles)

Postby aufwind » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:08 am

aufwind Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:08 am
Hi,

currently in the viewport (not rendering), the diffuse color of a material is only shown in material shade mode.
A direct plugged in texture into the diffuse socket is displayed, but when the node setup gets more complex,
I end up with a complete black display of the object.

Switching to the solid mode results in not distinguishable all grey colored display.
When a scene gets more complex with a lot of different materials, at least for me, it gets a bit confusing.

So I added the option 'Viewport Color' from cycles into the material panel of the octane for blender plug-in,
as you can see in the picture below.

If anyone would find this useful and Otoy gives me the permission, I would post here or send the changed ui script to JimStar.

Happy Blending, Volker
Attachments
Viewport_Shading.jpg
aufwind
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby JimStar » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:20 pm

JimStar Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:20 pm
I intentionally did not add this viewport color feature so far, as I'm thinking about improving the materials viewport shading and fix these "black object" cases...
But if the users find it very useful, I can implement this in next versions... I don't need your UI-script to make this happen, but thank you very much for offering.;)

Anyway, the Blender part of the plugin is under GPL, so you have the rights to modify it and share with others without Otoy permission.)
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Blender