Page 1 of 1

making mtl file

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:27 am
by etwas
From the 3d warehouse in sketchup I downloaded the people from "3d city".
When exporting these to octane, the exporter shows: Octane Render: Making mtl file
Nothing happens, and when opening it in Octane there is only one material for the whole figure..

Re: making mtl file

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:42 am
by TIG
I've tested it with one of those figures and it does fail!
It makes the Default_Material as it can't cope with the three real ons it needs...
The code to trap for non-ASCII characters in names etc seems to be failing [run it with the Ruby Console open to see the error messages].
I can't see anything too unusual about the file.
Material names have spaces and start with a number but that shouldn't cause issues as they should get adjusted to suit OBJ/MTL format.
The SKP also needs Purging as it contains lots of unused stuff, but again that should be ignored by the Exporter, and the worst it should do is so it down a little when it's sifting through unneeded data to find what it wants...
I'll investigate further and post an update to the Exporter OR advice on how to fix the SKP asap...
I have found the cause - a previously unencountered combination of material names, texture names and extensions in capital letters!
It was an easy fix.
I have trialed it on one if these SKPs and it now works fine...
I'll publish the updated file-set in a few moments...

Re: making mtl file

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:16 pm
by etwas
Thank you, works perfect!!