sketchup animation

Forums: sketchup animation
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

sketchup animation

Postby Interfaces » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:12 am

Interfaces Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:12 am
HI, I use octane recently with sketchup, I wonder if it's possible a tutorial video to make animation?

Thank you. Sorry for my English, I'm french
Interfaces
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: sketchup animation

Postby TIG » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:32 pm

TIG Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:32 pm
All this Exporter does for an Animation is automatically step through the Scenes you've selected and then Render individual Frames based on the views etc, with the image files named with an incrementing suffix - e.g. image001.png, image002.png etc.
After many hours of rendering you'll have a set of image files that you can then assemble into a movie using one of the many [mostly free] applications - Windows Movie Maker is one... The movie-making app ensures that there are intermediate frames made from the image files to smooth out the transitions between them...
You will need to make a set of scenes in the SKP that produce a smooth animation.
The Animation option on the scene-tab will help preview what you'll get.
There's lots of guidance on the Sketchup forums about that [try SCF - sketchucation.com].
There are also several tools to help set you setup smooth paths for the camera/target etc - like 'flightpath' from Smustard.com and several other animation tools you can find linked in the SCF Plugins Index or its Search results...
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to SketchUp