Multiple Render Passes Export

Forums: Multiple Render Passes Export
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Multiple Render Passes Export

Postby Andyb431 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:15 am

Andyb431 Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:15 am
Hi there,

Apologies if this is a very basic question, but I'm having trouble exporting images with multiple render passes.

Using the asset center, I have added AOV outputs to the AOVOutputGroup, and these show up in the bottom of the render window. However, when I click into the different passes, they are empty.

Second I tried going to RenderAOV and if I change the existing 'Render AOVs out' node to another type, let's say Shadow, then the render pass works. But I can only export one render pass at a time.

I was wondering if anybody else had this issue or if I'm missing something obvious?

Thank you in advance!
Andyb431
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Multiple Render Passes Export

Postby BK » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:47 am

BK Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:47 am
Andyb431 wrote:Hi there,

Apologies if this is a very basic question, but I'm having trouble exporting images with multiple render passes.

Using the asset center, I have added AOV outputs to the AOVOutputGroup, and these show up in the bottom of the render window. However, when I click into the different passes, they are empty.

Second I tried going to RenderAOV and if I change the existing 'Render AOVs out' node to another type, let's say Shadow, then the render pass works. But I can only export one render pass at a time.

I was wondering if anybody else had this issue or if I'm missing something obvious?

Thank you in advance!

Hi Andyb431,

Thank you for the post and happy to help!!

Basically, we need the "show render passes dialog" to export multiple render passes.
The AOVOutputGroup can be used for compositing the rendered AOVs, color correct or light mixing workflow.

Please add a Render AOV Group node and connect with the Render AOVs out node like the image below to allow create multiple AOVs.
SUAOVs.png

Then, saving the multiple image outputs please click the "Show a dialog to export the render passes"
AOVExport.png

We would reorganize the RenderSettings order in future releases and also automatically attach a Render AOV Group node with the out node.

Please let us know how it goes!

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Andyb431 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:34 am

Andyb431 Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:34 am
Hey BK,

Sorry for the delayed response, I had some issue with my SketchUp. All sorted now, and your response worked perfectly!!!

Thank you so much!

BK wrote:

Thank you in advance!

Hi Andyb431,

Basically, we need the "show render passes dialog" to export multiple render passes.
The AOVOutputGroup can be used for compositing the rendered AOVs, color correct or light mixing workflow.

Please add a Render AOV Group node and connect with the Render AOVs out node like the image below to allow create multiple AOVs.
SUAOVs.png

Then, saving the multiple image outputs please click the "Show a dialog to export the render passes"
AOVExport.png

We would reorganize the RenderSettings order in future releases and also automatically attach a Render AOV Group node with the out node.

cheers
Andyb431
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:54 am

BK Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:54 am
Andyb431 wrote:Hey BK,

Sorry for the delayed response, I had some issue with my SketchUp. All sorted now, and your response worked perfectly!!!

Thank you so much!

BK wrote:

Thank you in advance!

Hi Andyb431,

SUAOVs.png

AOVExport.png

cheers

Thanks Andy for getting back.
Please feel free to let us know if you have any feedback!!

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to SketchUp