Laubwerk

Forums: Laubwerk
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Laubwerk

Postby Mhark » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:14 pm

Mhark Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:14 pm
I am trying to collect reasons to move up from the 4.05vs on SketchUp plug-in. Does vs2020 already work with Laubwerk?

I just found this "old" thread posted by Azen from 2017 referring to Laubwerk:
- Hi, Apologies for my absence from this forum as of late.
As with Skatter, we are looking to harmonize the Sketchup plugin with existing third-party solutions wherever it makes sense to do so (or fulfills an existing demand). With the resolution of key pain points in progress, the successful co-habitation of the SU plugin with other plugins will depend on completing the work of making Octane for Sketchup stable.
There have been some successes with using Laubwerks together with Octane, so we are confident that Laubwerks will work effectively with Sketchup as well (pending further testing and investigation). -

Thank you.
Mhark
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Laubwerk

Postby BK » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:49 am

BK Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:49 am
Mhark wrote:I am trying to collect reasons to move up from the 4.05vs on SketchUp plug-in. Does vs2020 already work with Laubwerk?

I just found this "old" thread posted by Azen from 2017 referring to Laubwerk:
- Hi, Apologies for my absence from this forum as of late.
As with Skatter, we are looking to harmonize the Sketchup plugin with existing third-party solutions wherever it makes sense to do so (or fulfills an existing demand). With the resolution of key pain points in progress, the successful co-habitation of the SU plugin with other plugins will depend on completing the work of making Octane for Sketchup stable.
There have been some successes with using Laubwerks together with Octane, so we are confident that Laubwerks will work effectively with Sketchup as well (pending further testing and investigation). -

Thank you.

Hi Mhark,

Thank you for reminding this!

Unfortunately, we just confirmed Laubwerk plugin is not yet supported :shock:
So we have created a request ticket to add Laubwerk's plugin in the near future.

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Mhark » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:17 pm

Mhark Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:17 pm
Hi BK,

Thank you for the quick answer!

Laubwerk+Skatter+Octane would make such a strong and interesting combination.. should definitely be on the Octane team priorities.

Until then I have to find an alternative. Can you please confirm if Octane on Cinema4d can work with Laubwerk?

Thank you,
Mhark
Mhark
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:55 am

bepeg4d Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:55 am
Hi Mhark,
yes confirmed Laubwerk trees are woking with c4doctane.

A thing that you could try is to export the single tree from c4doctane to Standalone in .orbx format, than use the .orbx file as Octane Proxy in Sketchup... it should work also with Scatter :roll:

ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby Mhark » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:57 pm

Mhark Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:57 pm
Hi bepeg4D,

Thank you for your tip. Sounds that is a great idea!

I apologize but I am a bit confused about your new subscription packages..
What would be the subscription that I would need to do what you just proposed?
Can you please advise? Thank you.

Mhark
Mhark
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:38 am

bepeg4d Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:38 am
Hi Mhark,

about subscription licenses, if you don't have more than 2x GPUs and you're not interested in Net rendering, you can buy an annual Studio subscription for € 199 or pay € 19.99 monthy:
https://home.otoy.com/render/octane-ren ... ns/#studio

If you have more than 2x GPUs and/or you need Net rendering, you can buy an annual Enterprise subscription for € 299 or pay € 29.99 monthly:
https://home.otoy.com/render/octane-ren ... enterprise

Please note that all new subscriptions offer you the possibility to use any type of Octane DCC plug-in, including C4D, OctaneX, and ORC / RNDR subscription (render credits need to be purchased separately).

ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby iRota » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:44 am

iRota Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:44 am
Hi, I am using the Laubwerk plug in in C4D 21 with latest octane Plugin, when I render to picture viewer plants are not rendered as full geometry but as Convex Hull (my selected preview mode) instead. If I select full geometry as preview mode it is correctly rendered to LV.
Is this an issue or am I missing some setup?
Thanks!
iRota
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to SketchUp