Octane Sketchup Exporter - 1024-05

Forums: Octane Sketchup Exporter - 1024-05
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Octane Sketchup Exporter - 1024-05

Postby TIG » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:52 am

TIG Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:52 am
Here's an updated version of the exporter 1024-05
Octane_1024-05.zip
(515.61 KiB) Downloaded 725 times
There have been some minor corrections to yet unnoticed animation paths code errors.
The major update is to suit MAC's latest Safari/FF web-browser - all "innerHTML's" changes are now set as 'properties' rather that as 'attributes'.
It should now work with both the older and the very latest browsers on MACs [it uses the built-in browser code to form the dialogs].
It already worked with the latest IE on PC BUT ALL users should update to this version...

[this issue was raised by 'gozilla' and hopefully any MAC users with updated OSs/browsers should now get problem free exporter-dialogs with NO missing text!]

Just as with previous versions, download and extract the files [and files kept within their subfolders] from the zip-file... and then install then as detailed in the enclosed README and/or Help PDF file...

Feedback please...
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane Sketchup Exporter - 1024-05

Postby Jaberwocky » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:30 am

Jaberwocky Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:30 am
Tig

I have just started playing around with Sketchup.Used this exporter for a couple of test scenes (static only). It seems to be running fine.
CPU:-AMD 1055T 6 core, Motherboard:-Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 AM3+, Gigabyte GTX 460-1GB, RAM:-8GB Kingston hyper X Genesis DDR3 1600Mhz D/Ch, Hard Disk:-500GB samsung F3 , OS:-Win7 64bit
Jaberwocky
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:57 pm

TIG Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:57 pm
Good :D all feedback is appreciated... even when it's good ;)
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Jaberwocky » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:28 pm

Jaberwocky Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:28 pm
I have used the Max 2010 plug in as well.

This seems to be better. Don't get me wrong, the max plug in works ok.However dropping this plug in to Sketchup just seems to work better.

It has a toolbar and lodges itself into the menu without any further attention.

So, yes a great improvement.
CPU:-AMD 1055T 6 core, Motherboard:-Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 AM3+, Gigabyte GTX 460-1GB, RAM:-8GB Kingston hyper X Genesis DDR3 1600Mhz D/Ch, Hard Disk:-500GB samsung F3 , OS:-Win7 64bit
Jaberwocky
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby tuts3d » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:49 am

tuts3d Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:49 am
Hi Tig

I've been seeing this plugin for some time and cannot seem to make it run properly. Will this run on the demo version of sketchup 8 pro? And is this possibly the reason why it is not running.

What I did was save it on the plugins folder, then unzipped it and started sketchup but cannot see it.

Thanks in advance
win 7 64 bit/ core i7 4770k/ 32 GB ram / gtx Titan sc/ asus Maximus vii hero MOBO
tuts3d
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:17 am

TIG Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:17 am
tuts3d wrote:Hi Tig

I've been seeing this plugin for some time and cannot seem to make it run properly. Will this run on the demo version of sketchup 8 pro? And is this possibly the reason why it is not running.

What I did was save it on the plugins folder, then unzipped it and started sketchup but cannot see it.

Thanks in advance

There is no 'demo' version of Sketchup.
There is a 'Free' and a 'Pro' version.
The Exporter works fine on all versions of Sketchup 6, 7 and 8 [for all of their MRs too].
Have you followed the installation instructions properly?
You do not 'unzip' the file, you 'extract' the few 'loose' files and the bulk of the files inside their subfolders into the Plugins folder - keeping the subfolders intact. The subfolder is called 'Octane' and that contains subfolders of its own.
You might have inadvertently unzipped everything into a folder called "Octane_1024-05", in the Plugins folder rather than directly into the Plugins folder itself??
Also some unzip tools will destroy the subfolders that are inside the zip and put everything into the one folder.
That is why there is considerable detail in the README.txt and Help.pdf files within the zip to ensure things are properly deployed...
Please reread the README.txt file...
If you have accidentally put any of the files that ought to be in a subfolder into the Plugins folder then please remove them as they might auto-load with unexpected consequences.
Also do you have full access rights to the Plugins folder? If not when you think you have put files into it Vista/Win7 can shunt them into a 'Compatibility Files' folder [without telling you explicitly!] so they don't load - the top-bar of the Windows Explorer window will have a 'Compatibility Files' button if this has happened and you can access the files and relocate them back into Plugins etc. If this has happened you need to use Properties o the Plugins folder and set access-rights to be 'full' for yourself [I also recommend that you do it for other folders that you might want to right to from time to time - like Materials, Styles and Components...]

Let's assume that you have [now] got all of the files in their correct locations, with no duplicates in the wrong place...
When you start Sketchup it will auto-load the .rb files in the Plugins folder, in turn some of these will also load or use some of the additional files from within the Octane subfolder [or its subfolders] etc...

If you read the Help.pdf file you will see that there are several ways of running the 'Octane Render Exporter'...

The File menu contains an item "Octane Render...".
You can type 'octane' in the Ruby Console command line.
You can activate its 'Octane Render' toolbar from View > Toolbars - and then dock it where you want and click the Octane logo button.
It won't run unless the current SKP has been saved - you will be prompted.
Also note that when it's run for the very first time you need to define the current Octane exe file ['binary'] you want to use [typically it's something like "C:\Program Files\Refractive Software\OctaneRender 1.024 beta2.44 CUDA 3.2\octane.exe"].
Later on, if the specified Octane exe file ['binary'] no longer exists [e.g. you have moved or deleted it] you will be asked to define another Octane exe again... You can also choose another Octane exe by browsing to it - e.g. when an updated version has been downloaded.

Now the main Exporter dialog should open.
Several fields are auto-completed for you - like the Project path and Project name [based on the SKP's info], but you can change these if desired...
Set your other desired options and click a button to make the OBJ/MTL files and/or Render a Frame...
Please read the main Help pdf where there are detailed explanations of all of this and more.... :ugeek:
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby pierrearchi » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:49 am

pierrearchi Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:49 am
Hello Tig,

Thanks a lot for the plug-in first.
For me with Skecthup 8 pro on my pc, it doesn't work for the moment ...
I have a message window " the Binary octane render" (after english translation, i have the message in french ... ) has to be up to date .... ???

In the Ruby console i have : octane

#<Sketchup::Model:0xb3ec1a4>
Error: #<Exception: Invalid Dialog>
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/Octane/Octane_1024.rb:432:in `close'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/Octane/Octane_1024.rb:432:in `deactivate'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/Octane/Octane_1024.rb:438

Thanks in advance for your advice. I have checked all files installed ?
pierrearchi
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:06 pm

TIG Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:06 pm
pierrearchi wrote:Hello Tig,

Thanks a lot for the plug-in first.
For me with Skecthup 8 pro on my pc, it doesn't work for the moment ...
I have a message window " the Binary octane render" (after english translation, i have the message in french ... ) has to be up to date .... ???

In the Ruby console i have : octane

#<Sketchup::Model:0xb3ec1a4>
Error: #<Exception: Invalid Dialog>
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/Octane/Octane_1024.rb:432:in `close'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/Octane/Octane_1024.rb:432:in `deactivate'
C:/Program Files (x86)/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/Octane/Octane_1024.rb:438

Thanks in advance for your advice. I have checked all files installed ?

The 'Octane Render Binary' must be set...<==>Le «Octane Render Binaire» doit être mis...
The 'Octane Render Binary' is not valid...<==>Le «Octane Render Binaire» n'est pas valide...
The first appears if there is not an Octane binary [exe] set.
The second appears if the Octane binary [exe] is set BUT the path is not valid.
If either of these messages appear you should then get a dialog asking you to pick a suitable Octane.exe file to launch with the render...
Typically if will be something like
C:\Program Files\Refractive Software\OctaneRender 1.024 beta2.44 CUDA 3.2\octane.exe
on a PC...
The other error message is to do with there being no valid dialog made - a separate issue - perhaps a from a missing htmlfile ?
Can you take a screen shot of your ../Plugins/Octane folders - here's what it should look like
Capture.PNG

[Note I've struck-through an extra folder that I have, and the older octane...rb file that you may or may not have [unimportant]]
There should also be a Octane_loader.rb and deBabeleizer.rb file in the ../Plugins folder itself...
You do have full access-rights [permissions] to your Plugins & Octane folder ?
I trust there are no 'Compatibility Files' issues - e.g. some files are not really in Plugins ??
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby pierrearchi » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:25 pm

pierrearchi Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:25 pm
Thank you TIG.
Everything works perfectly !.
Thank you for all your work based on Sketchup plugin !.
Pierre.
pierrearchi
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:32 pm

TIG Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:32 pm
pierrearchi wrote:Thank you TIG.
Everything works perfectly !.
Thank you for all your work based on Sketchup plugin !.
Pierre.
I'm glad that it's resolved... but...
Perhaps if you 'fessed up to your error', with details of where you went wrong it might be a valuable lesson to give to other members, who then might avoid it ? [or at least it might help me with other's feedback :roll: ]
:ugeek:
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to SketchUp