Option to export selected scatter node, ocs/orbx file

Forums: Option to export selected scatter node, ocs/orbx file
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Option to export selected scatter node, ocs/orbx file

Postby oscartung » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:48 am

oscartung Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:48 am
Hi, I currently work with Sketchup+Octane standalone. Inevitably I find myself having to constantly export/import files in between. It would be nice to have the following options to improve the current workflow

1.Option to export selected scatter node into a folder - Currently my work around is copy the selected components and paste it into a new sketchup file, open octaneviewport>node inspector copy scatter node> paste it into standalone

2.Option to export selected into ocs/orbx file
2.1 Currently such option do exists but it exports the whole file instead of the selected object.
2.2 Furthermore when the sketchup file is exported as an ocs file, it creates an asset folder with obj file inside it. But when the sketchup file is exported again to the same file (overwriting it), the obj file inside the asset folder would have a different suffix, thus the linkage in standalone is lost and each obj file has to be relinked. An exporter that replaces current obj file in the asset folder would be preferred.
2.3 Messed up UV scale. When the file is exported the UV scale for the obj file is reflected in the texture transformation rather then embedding it on the obj file itself
2.4 Or simpler yet, just an option to export the selected into an obj file. I know there are a dozen obj exporter out there but it is much slower in comparison and they only export relative to the world axis instead of the component's axis

Thank you in advance
oscartung
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Option to export selected scatter node, ocs/orbx file

Postby oscartung » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:45 am

oscartung Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:45 am
some feedback from otoy would be appreciated.
oscartung
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Option to export selected scatter node, ocs/orbx file

Postby Renderwiz » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:38 am

Renderwiz Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:38 am
This is such good feedback... This type of functionality would be invaluable for production with octane and sketchup.
Renderwiz
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to SketchUp