Windows 3.07.0.14 (2017) x64 Installer Development
Mac OS X 3.07.0.14 (2017) x64 DMG Development
Windows 3.06.4.10 (2017) x64 Installer Stable
Windows 3.06.4.10 (2016) x64 Installer Stable
Mac OS X 3.06.4.10 (2017) x64 DMG Stable
Windows 3.06.4.5 (2017) x64 Installer Stable
Windows 3.06.4.5 (2016) x64 Installer Stable
Mac OS X 3.06.4.5 (2017) x64 DMG Stable
Windows 3.06.1.2 Release Post (inc. notes and downloads) Development
Windows 3.04.4.5 Release Post (inc. notes and downloads) Stable
All these versions are listed in the download section.
We are still using version 3.04.4.5, since newer versions we tried have lost functionality or critical instability in out experience. We have not tried any newer version in some time, this because reading on the forum that it should be better to wait for next version because of exisiting problems.
3.04.4.5 has the following problems, we don't want any more if we switch to a newer version
- glitchy interface, sometimes you cannot chose camera in imager. Workaround is to keep trying.
- windows renders blank in big scenes, restart required.
- glitchy material handeling, all conversion of materials has to be made with sketchup internal right-click menu.
- octane forgets materials at random in big scenes. (critical problem)
- some scenes crashes and you need to delete octane data and rework material and settings.
Crucial functionality for our work that does work in 3.04.4.5
- saved views also save octane settings
- basically stable once you learn the workarounds with the octane interface, expect some material problems in big scenes.
With these above points in mind. What version is recommended for production?