Dear Jules Urbach Founder, CEO and Chairman, OTOY

Forums: Dear Jules Urbach Founder, CEO and Chairman, OTOY
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Dear Jules Urbach Founder, CEO and Chairman, OTOY

Postby chippwalters » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:19 pm

chippwalters Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:19 pm
Dear Jules Urbach,

I certainly understand you are a busy man, and OTOY has some seriously great tech. I do, however, have a serious problem with your product.

I have now purchased your fine Octane render product twice, believing your team to actually be telling the truth when they say they have plugin support for SketchUp working. Both times, it is beyond impossible to use. Please read the OTOY SketchUp forums. Your team has been trying for over 2 years now to release a stable version of the SketchUp plugin, and it now seems reasonable to assume it is beyond the technical capabilities for those you have assigned this task.

I, too, am a CEO. I understand providing customer support and authenticity when communicating with my customers. I find it difficult to understand why this project has been so mismanaged when you have obviously created stellar plugins and integration products for other software. You have already refunded my money once, and I waited until you released the newer version to purchase again, only to again be disappointed. I have waited patiently, weeks, then months and even a year for answers and the SketchUp forum is now mostly a ghost forum where one can almost hear the crickets chirping.

Please either pull the plugin altogether and refund every customer, or provide a plan on how you will attempt to actually deliver the promised product. It is only good business to treat your customers with such respect.

Regards,

Chipp Walters
Imagine Virtua
chippwalters

Re: Dear Jules Urbach Founder, CEO and Chairman, OTOY

Postby resmas » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:38 am

resmas Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:38 am
Thank you mate for taking the time to adreess the CEO.
Well done.

On top of that I just want to add the pluggins is unusable.
There were versions with less features that at least allows to work.
At this stage is just broke and we cannot do any work with it.

I also have blender pluggin, and use Standalone in every project.

This is just wrong.

Cheers
Resmas
i7-2600k | SSD Vertex 3 | WD Velociraptor | WS Revolution | 16GB Ram HyperX | PSU LEPA G1600W | 3 X Asus GTX590 |
https://pt-pt.facebook.com/arq.resmas
resmas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Dear Jules Urbach Founder, CEO and Chairman, OTOY

Postby Goldorak » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:37 am

Goldorak Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:37 am
chippwalters wrote:Dear Jules Urbach,

I certainly understand you are a busy man, and OTOY has some seriously great tech. I do, however, have a serious problem with your product.

I have now purchased your fine Octane render product twice, believing your team to actually be telling the truth when they say they have plugin support for SketchUp working. Both times, it is beyond impossible to use. Please read the OTOY SketchUp forums. Your team has been trying for over 2 years now to release a stable version of the SketchUp plugin, and it now seems reasonable to assume it is beyond the technical capabilities for those you have assigned this task.

I, too, am a CEO. I understand providing customer support and authenticity when communicating with my customers. I find it difficult to understand why this project has been so mismanaged when you have obviously created stellar plugins and integration products for other software. You have already refunded my money once, and I waited until you released the newer version to purchase again, only to again be disappointed. I have waited patiently, weeks, then months and even a year for answers and the SketchUp forum is now mostly a ghost forum where one can almost hear the crickets chirping.

Please either pull the plugin altogether and refund every customer, or provide a plan on how you will attempt to actually deliver the promised product. It is only good business to treat your customers with such respect.

Regards,

Chipp Walters
Imagine Virtua

Thank you. We serve at the pleasure of the community - and your email was received and is being taken very seriously by me and others. A reply should have been sent to you already. You can also reach out to us on FB/messenger. I’ll post back here in a day once I get to the bottom of all this.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to SketchUp