exporter dosen't react at all

Forums: exporter dosen't react at all
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

exporter dosen't react at all

Postby manos » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:34 am

manos Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:34 am
Hi, i resently change my pc, i'm installing all my programs again.
Well the exporter dosen't react.
I save, i click on octanes icon or i select octane from the file menu, nothing hapens ?
CPU: INTEL i7 3.40 GHz/RAM: 8 GB/GPU: 2XGTX690/OS: WIN 7 64 BIT/SKETCHUP 2014/OCTANE for SU
manos
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: exporter dosen't react at all

Postby TIG » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:05 pm

TIG Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:05 pm
Sounds like you haven't properly installed/copied all of the files and the other files inside their subfolders...

Download the latest zip file.
Re-read the README file and/or the PDF help file.
Extract the contents of the zip file into a temporary folder.
Now move all of the extracted files and the subfolders [with their files intact] into the Plugins folder, so that they are kept in the same relationship as in the zip.
Now restart Sketchup and retry the Exporter...
You will need to reset the binary exe etc to suit your current setup...
If it's still not workings, then open the Menu > Window > Ruby Console and see if there are any error messages when you try to run the Exporter...
Copy them and post them here...
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby manos » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:09 am

manos Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:09 am
hello , well i made it run, but i don't get nothing on octanes screane after clicking render frame. ??
I just can't see me geometry.
CPU: INTEL i7 3.40 GHz/RAM: 8 GB/GPU: 2XGTX690/OS: WIN 7 64 BIT/SKETCHUP 2014/OCTANE for SU
manos
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:00 am

TIG Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:00 am
Please read the instructions...

If you haven't exported anything except the SKP's geometry/materials then the OCS's camera view will default - looking square at the center of the imported geometry's origin [you have got your model somewhere near the origin haven't you ??] with the eye at z=0 facing in the y+ direction [I think].

Re-export with the Camera [current view] 'checked' - his means you will [initially] start the OCS with the same view as you had in the SKP.
Also... I recommend that you set the Resolution to say 50% so you get a modestly sized image rendering initially, so that you can see all of it at once...
Also Export the Sun - this means you'll get lighting and shadows equivalent to those in the SKP.

In the OCS you can now more easily adjust the camera location, and the materials' properties as desired [originally loaded materials you adjust in the OCS are remembered in the OCS if it's saved, and they are not changed on subsequent exports to the same OCS]
Once you have an OCS that you know is working save it.

Let's assume you have now changed the SKP's geometry or added materials etc.

Re-export but perhaps reset the resolution or camera setting. These will be reflected in the newly [re]opened OCS.

Subsequently, if you choose to 'un-check' camera etc the current OCS settings are used, so once you are satisfied with the OCs's camera you no longer need to export the SKP camera...

Hope this helps...
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby manos » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:24 am

manos Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:24 am
Ok this is what i get.
Attachments
sktchupexport.jpg
octanetest1.jpg
manos
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:56 am

TIG Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:56 am
Weird!

If you edit the OCS to 'default the camera view' and then zoom out what do you see ?

If you erase the OCS from the folder so a new one is made what happens ?

I assume the 'scale' of the SKP objects is sensible - a few meters - as opposed to kilometers or micrometers etc.

Have you reset the SKP's axes - hover the cursor over an axis away from geometry and right-click context-menu should have 'reset-axes' if you have... This is grasping at straws in case the geometry is actually miles from the origin and breaking Octane, but it appears OK because the axes have be rest temporarily in that scene...

If this doesn't get fixed soon... then can you do the same export as you shown but with the following actions.
Whilst the Exporter dialog is still open in the SKP the related 'octane.cmd' file is not yet auto-erased. It is to be found in the same folder as the OCS gets made... Can you make a zip file of it and attach it to a post/PM. Can you also zip up the related .obj/.mtl files and any _Texture folder [IF there are material textures in the SKP needed by the OCS] and supply those too...

:?
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:29 pm

TIG Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:29 pm
Manos

I got your rar by PM.
I agree that the OCS seemed empty.
The OBJ file had the right geometry in it.... so I deleted the OBJ node into OCS and manually imported the same OBJ.
It instantly worked.
tast2.PNG
the updated tar2.OCS is in the attached zip file - retry it at your end.
tast.zip
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 289 times
I'm not sure what the problem was - what is your Octane version? Mine's 1 beta 2.44
I also imported your OBJ file back into an empty SKP [tast.SKP in the zip] - which worked fine - and then I Exported it as tast.OBJ etc and opened as 'tast.OCS' which rendered fine too [also in the zip file]...
tast.PNG
I've attached the zip and the two images and a screen-shot of my Octane OBJ import settings in case you have something set oddly...
OBJprefs.PNG
Please let me know if you find the 'culprit'...
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby manos » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:34 pm

manos Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:34 pm
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5113
This is what I was telling you a few weeks ago, check the topic above.
Anyway, I'm still having the problem with the exporter, and I used the trick you that you did, I'm importing again the obj manually so I can see my geometry, but I'm not confident about the scale because a) the scene is rendering pretty slow b) the renderings aren't very sharp c) the bump masks aren't very obvious and d) when I'm
Navigating in octane the cameras behave bizarre .????
I thought that it had to do with sketchup being cracked, but I just bought the original and I've changed the license and after a few test i still have the same problem, I'm pretty peased off.
Well besides the exporter can you tell if there is a skp plugin for making doors and windows.
Thanks.
manos
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:23 pm

TIG Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:23 pm
Manos

As I explained your OCS and SKP behaved perfectly - as I would expect.
Your OCS DID have something wrong with it [?] BUT if I reloaded the very same OBJ file it was then fine on my set up.
Therefore I must suspect there is something wrong with your 'Octane' preferences...
The exporter works fine for me [and many others], so I am forced to conclude that the problem is with your set up - especially when I can get a good result from the very same files you have supply ???

Have you check for the correct access rights to all of the folders and their files involved ?
Why would your supplied OCS not render anything on your PC BUT when it's on mine work fine with the same file[s] ???

I am not privy to your PC's set up.
Are you an admin?
Do the folders involved in this have rights that let you read/write files etc etc ??????
:?
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby pimpuppy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:08 pm

pimpuppy Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:08 pm
Hello TIG!

Problem here also :
Exporter stoped reacting.
Until 2 hours ago has worked well, and i did not restarted the pc or install any software.
In the last project it is having a problem.
the .skp file is ok. on another machine i managed to export it.

below is the ruby console message.

Error: #<Exception: Invalid Dialog>
C:/PROGRA~2/Google/GOOGLE~3/Plugins/Octane/Octane_1024.rb:432:in `close'
C:/PROGRA~2/Google/GOOGLE~3/Plugins/Octane/Octane_1024.rb:432:in `deactivate'
C:/PROGRA~2/Google/GOOGLE~3/Plugins/Octane/Octane_1024.rb:3436:in `select_tool'
C:/PROGRA~2/Google/GOOGLE~3/Plugins/Octane/Octane_1024.rb:3436:in `octane'
C:/PROGRA~2/Google/GOOGLE~3/Plugins/Octane/Octane_1024.rb:3448
Error: #<ArgumentError: malformed UTF-8 character>
C:/PROGRA~2/Google/GOOGLE~3/Plugins/Octane/Octane_1024.rb:156:in `unpack'
C:/PROGRA~2/Google/GOOGLE~3/Plugins/Octane/Octane_1024.rb:156:in `fileJoin'
C:/PROGRA~2/Google/GOOGLE~3/Plugins/Octane/Octane_1024.rb:418:in `activate'
C:/PROGRA~2/Google/GOOGLE~3/Plugins/Octane/Octane_1024.rb:438:in `select_tool'