So the workflow to get a walkthrough animation out of sketchup and rendered with octane:
1) build your sketchup project. Each scene contains a camera view
2) export the sketchup project to the octane standalone by exporting as a .ocs (I think this is better than orbx for animtion).
3) open octane standalone and import the ocs file. In the node view you will see all the scenes (cam views) as render target nodes along the bottom of the node graph. Clicking on these updates the viewport with that cam view.
4) install the ORC script.viewtopic.php?f=73&t=41365
5) run the script (see instructions for how to make it work. Select each render target node and make a key frame for it (alt-a)
6) open the animation panel (alt -r) and then set up render params. hit render.
import frames into after effects, and comp, and make movies.
works like a charm.