octane exporter + Advance Camera Tools error

Forums: octane exporter + Advance Camera Tools error
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

octane exporter + Advance Camera Tools error

Postby tubel » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:23 am

tubel Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:23 am
hello Tig,
i found this on sketchupdate.blogspot.com Advance Camera Tools ( http://sketchupdate.blogspot.com/2011/03/introducing-advanced-camera-tools.html )
i think it`s a great addition to sketchup but every time i try to export a camera octane exporter crashes, no error no nothing.
could you please take a look for a fix?

Thank you in advance,
Tudor
Win 7 Ultimate x64 | AMD Phenom II x4 810 2.60 Ghz | 8Gb Ram DDR3 | Archicad 16, Sketchup, Moi3d
tubel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: octane exporter + Advance Camera Tools error

Postby TIG » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:35 am

TIG Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:35 am
When you say 'export a camera', what are you exporting - the camera associated with a scene tab ?
Can you post or PM and example of what you are having problems with...
When you say the exporter crashes what error messages do you get in the Ruby Console ?
OR is it Octane itself having problems ?
I need more info - I can't fix a problem unless I know what it is........
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby tubel » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:39 am

tubel Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:39 am
after creating a camera and selecting it from export camera the export window is closing.
i did a window capture for you to see exactly what i`m telling you

ruby console errors:
Error: #<NotImplementedError: method `respond_to?' called on terminated object (0x1847da38)>
D:/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/Octane/Octane_1024.rb:3414:in `select_tool'
D:/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/Octane/Octane_1024.rb:3414:in `octane'
D:/Google/Google SketchUp 8/Plugins/Octane/Octane_1024.rb:3426
Win 7 Ultimate x64 | AMD Phenom II x4 810 2.60 Ghz | 8Gb Ram DDR3 | Archicad 16, Sketchup, Moi3d
tubel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:56 am

TIG Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:56 am
That's a weird error as "respond_to?" is not even used in the exporter tool at all - it's like it's a 'command' error in Sketchup itself.

Can you try it again BUT by NOT using the menu item, but by typing
octane
into the Ruby Console + <enter>

Also try typing
Octane.new()
into the Ruby Console + <enter>
to see what happens...

Please keep the 'case' exactly as I've shown.

Do you get any OBJ/MTL or CMD files etc made, it seems that the OCS isn't launching through the CMD file at all.
Where is the SKP? Is its folder accessible to you with full read/write permissions as files have to be written there by the exporter ??

If these work please let me know - is it possible to zip the problem SKP with its camera set etc and attach it to a Private Message [PM] to me so I can see if I also get the error... :?
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby tubel » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:09 pm

tubel Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:09 pm
that error appears regardless of the skp file or location
i`ve tried octane and octane.new in ruby console but after selecting the active camera i got the same strange error (octane window is closing after 1 sec)
the console errors:
#<Sketchup::Model:0xcf3cfbc>
octane
#<Sketchup::Model:0xcf3cfbc>
octane.new()
Error: #<NoMethodError: undefined method `new' for #<Sketchup::Model:0xcf3cfbc>>
(eval):36

i don`t get any obj/mtl or cmd files made

so this error appears only when i`m using advance camera tools. regardless of the scene or the path to the file
tubel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:45 pm

TIG Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:45 pm
The second Ruby snippet must start with an upper case 'O'
Octane.new()
Please retry that - although I hold little hope...

Could you make a simple SKP that fails, zip it and post/PM it ?
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby tubel » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:58 pm

tubel Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:58 pm
i did what you said
Octane.new()
#<Octane:0xcbfe788 @all_pages=[#<Sketchup::Page:0xccc95c8>], @gpu_device3="false", @lens_aperture_radius_value=1.0, @project_path="G:\\", @pixel_samples="Medium (256 s/px)", @gpu_devices="false", @percentages_array=["100%", "75%", "50%", "25%", "Reset"], @start_frame="cat (ACT)", @motion_blur="false", @resolution="false", @anims2go=[], @gpu_device2="false", @lens_aperture_radius="false", @octane_render_binary="D:\\Refractive Software\\Octane 2.4\\octane.exe", @step="", @light_source="from <Current View>", @percentage="100%", @focal_depth_value=5.0, @native_unit_size="meters", @pixs="256", @gpu_device1="false", @active_camera="cat (ACT)", @msg="", @end_frame=nil, @export_sun_direction="false", @height="687", @sel=#<Sketchup::Selection:0xd0acc58>, @model=#<Sketchup::Model:0xd04e7ac>, @image_output="G:\\img00001.png", @focal_depth="false", @project_name="camtest", @dlg=#<UI::WebDialog:0xdd4e394>, @pixel_samples_array=["Very Low (8 s/px)", "Low (32 s/px)", "Medium (256 s/px)", "Medium/High (512 s/px)", "High (1024 s/px)", "Very High (4096 s/px)", "Custom"], @gpu_device0="false", @export_camera="true", @scenes=["cat (ACT)"], @motion_blur_value="Next", @width="1173">

but nothing happens after that

here is the file:
www.tubel.ro/camtest.skp (skp 8 with advance camera tools installed)
tubel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:25 pm

TIG Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:25 pm
I have now got the Advanced-Camera-Tools loaded and tried what you did. AND I too get a weird error with a new SKP. :shock:

I don't get the error with your SKP though :? ***

I suspect that its because the advanced camera tools make a new Scene tab that is somehow 'observed' and if you do anything to it it kicks off! - the exporter first changes to that scene-tab which seems to be enough to break things.

There is a fix...

First don't export and render using the ACTool's scene-tab 'Camera 1 [FS]' as it might break...***

Instead there are two workarounds for this...

One - Right-click over the tab and use 'Add' to make a new scene-tab with exactly the same settings 'cloned' from it... BUT without the pesky 'observer' to make it fail - it works OK for me then.

Two - Alternatively just change to the 'Camera1 [FS]' scene tab view and then export using 'from <Current View>' camera option instead of the named scene-tab itself, this should also work OK...

***Strangely as with your SKP, I have found that if you do these changes to my new SKP, and later on I export using that very same 'Camera1 [FS]' scene-tab it WILL work OK :?

I need to clarify with Google what this new Camera tool is actually doing with this scene-tab - as it is a pain! :roll:
It might also break 'animations' if it kicks off part way through...
Last edited by TIG on Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby tubel » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:32 pm

tubel Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:32 pm
thank you for the workaround, all mighty (s)TIG :D
i`ll try that and i`m waiting for a fix.

Best regards,
Tudor
tubel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to SketchUp