HOW CAN THIS CONTINUE

Forums: HOW CAN THIS CONTINUE
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

HOW CAN THIS CONTINUE

Postby resmas » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:57 am

resmas Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:57 am
Well this is just wrong...

more than a year ago

resmas wrote:Hello all.

I don't generally complain but this is not right.

We need Fuzzy back, the plugin need work and its not correct to wait so much time without help.

Has I said in other times...I can go around some problems....but it takes 3, or 4x longer...using old versions...without the new render options is sad. Really sad....
We all have deadlines....

OTOY is not doing the correct thing.

Please give us some feedback

cheers
resmas

The last update with some kind of useful feature or usability improvement is lost in time....and it was in v2 :roll:

This is insulting now ... am i wrong?

Go check the logs, and all the older versions....why do we use v3?....for what?

- More changes to file path code.

- Tweaks to internal file name manipulation code to avoid save errors due to invalid paths.

- Rewritten shutdown process to address license deactivation issues.

- Compiled with Octane 3.03.2b SDK.
- Changes to file path handling code to address issue with user home directories on network paths.

- Compiled with Octane 3.02.0 SDK.

- Compiled with Octane 3.01.1 SDK.

- Compiled with Octane 3.01 release SDK.
- Added authorization management window

3.0.0.20:
- Compiled with Octane 3.0 release SDK.

3.0.0.4:
- Compiled with Octane 3.0.0 beta 4.
- Added a demo version.

3.0.0.1:
- Compiled with Octane 3.0.0 beta 1.
- Internal changes to texture rendering, LiveDB access, and licensing for compatibility with Octane 3 API changes.

resmas
i7-2600k | SSD Vertex 3 | WD Velociraptor | WS Revolution | 16GB Ram HyperX | PSU LEPA G1600W | 3 X Asus GTX590 |
https://pt-pt.facebook.com/arq.resmas
resmas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: HOW CAN THIS CONTINUE

Postby smicha » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:19 pm

smicha Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:19 pm
Hi resmas my friend. I really shall not write anything here, because I simply don't care about SU plugin anymore - seriously :cry:

But, you know, something moved in me and now at least I'd like to support you. And what I may say - Paul (face_off) is a person SU plugin development needs. 10k posts, replies instantly, same day; fixes bugs if possible within week(s). And I am so happy with modo, although still using SU for design.

The worst is you really don't know what SU guys are doing - they say nodal approach, proxies, .... mac support - man, it takes years now... and nothing. That's sad. And that's it.

I am just watching this topic, still watching...
3090, Titan, Quadro, Xeon Scalable Supermicro, 768GB RAM; Sketchup Pro, Classical Architecture.
Custom alloy powder coated laser cut cases, Autodesk metal-sheet 3D modelling.
build-log http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42540
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby resmas » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:29 pm

resmas Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:29 pm
Hello Smicha, thank you for your reply.

I thought on moving to Mobo too, but cant afford another licence, and Mobo is expensive.
I have Blender, and the octane plugin too....but for my bad luck is only in V2 too.

Sketchup with the default settings is so amazing that the competitions cant get close....when i need more advanced features i go to blender.

But the Octane4Sketchup plugin is so far behind what Octane v3 can do....so far...

if at least we have some old old requests....highlight compression....render passes...animation...proxies (with alembic geometry)...scenes to render targets(working well)....

One feuture every 2 months and in this last year we would be close to perfect.

well....but this words are all the same.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :cry: :cry:

All the best to you mate.
This forum section looks like a graveyard

cheers
i7-2600k | SSD Vertex 3 | WD Velociraptor | WS Revolution | 16GB Ram HyperX | PSU LEPA G1600W | 3 X Asus GTX590 |
resmas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Seekerfinder » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:37 am

Seekerfinder Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:37 am
I'm with you Resmas.... Every now and then I give up on the Octane plugin for SU. And then I need to so something quick and before I know it I open SU and 'need' Octane!

They clearly don't care about SU and no amount of pleading on our side has made any difference, only cheap talk. Otoy are funny this way.

I agree with Smicha that Paul is an ideal 'type' of dev to take on SU but man, he's swamped. Octane is really growing and - I've said this before but (God forbid) - if Paul gets the flue, all indications are that Otoy will be out on a limb with all his plugins possibly going the way of the ... SketchUp.

Seeker
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby smicha » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:56 am

smicha Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:56 am
Guys,

Look at this - I just want to say it again how Paul's beyond expectation plugin development looks like. I am reporting a Modo plugin bug here and sending to Paul PM yesterday
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=55078&start=80#p287216
and now the problem is solved
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=55078&start=90#p287396

3090, Titan, Quadro, Xeon Scalable Supermicro, 768GB RAM; Sketchup Pro, Classical Architecture.
Custom alloy powder coated laser cut cases, Autodesk metal-sheet 3D modelling.
build-log http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42540
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby resmas » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:22 am

resmas Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:22 am
Wow...
That looks like a Sci Fi movie, and in here is a horror movie.. :o

Thanks for sharing mate.

What is happening here is similar to what is happening in Blender... My 2 plug-ins.

The same lack of communication lead to a very hard comments by users. But in Blender case, Jimstar did something that made trust in blender plug-in.

He refuses to release the V3 plug-in until it's working properly. That I can understand... And the V2 has all the features of Octane V2... Animation... Passes.... Etc etc etc.

Having a V3 Sketchup Octane plug-in.... Is just a joke.

I know this month they must be on vacation... Nothing against that... But let's see what will happen in a few days.

Cheers
Resmas
resmas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby happymilk » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:44 pm

happymilk Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:44 pm
I'm also a Octane for Lightwave user and there the situation is same as Modo.
Juanjo is incredibly fast to reply and resolve all the problems.
I think only sketchup plugin is a valley of tears...
Win 10pro 64 | 3 x Geforce GTX980Ti | i7 5930K | 32GB
happymilk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Seekerfinder » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:13 am

Seekerfinder Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:13 am
Juanjo, Paul, Aoktar, they're all brilliant at serving the community. The common denominator? None of them are permanent Otoy employees. The model is probably a type of profit share. That works. It's like comparing the private and public sectors in any economy. In the public sector there is simply no incentive to perform or people are under-qualified. Fuzzybro was the exception. And he is exceptional. So they moved him away from niggly little SketchUp to the cloud.

I still have my beta licence for the SU plugin but what baffles me somewhat is that Otoy are charging people for this plugin when there is no active development...
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:28 pm

Goldorak Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:28 pm
Every plug-in is different. We are making changes shortly to speed up development on this one. Thank you for direct feedback, it helps us.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to SketchUp