Page 3 of 4

Re: Most Wanted - Poll

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:13 pm
by smicha
If we have nodal approach with LUA support - exactly same as in the standalone - this would be no problem ;)

Re: Most Wanted - Poll

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:02 am
by fivebythree
http://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtop ... 5&start=30

This post is all you need to know about animator. Way back in February! There was talk of beta testing different renderers. Again, we're behind the 8ball!

Re: Most Wanted - Poll

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:45 am
by patrickbarnekow
Network rendering working with the standard Octane Slave Deamon

Re: Most Wanted - Poll

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:45 am
by OVA
One HUGE feature would be to have Octane being able to "read" sketchup SECTION PLANES and render accordingly.
Architecture projects are beautiful in sections ;)

Best

Re: Most Wanted - Poll

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:23 pm
by CaptainCrowbar
OVA wrote:One HUGE feature would be to have Octane being able to "read" sketchup SECTION PLANES and render accordingly.
Architecture projects are beautiful in sections ;)

Best


This is already on my TODO list; other architects have also requested it.

Re: Most Wanted - Poll

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:39 am
by smicha
Guys,
Is there a chance to have a material node visible for geometry without any texture nor color applied? What I have to do every time is to apply any color to geometry to get material node visible.

Re: Most Wanted - Poll

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:41 am
by smicha
I hope this topic is not dead. So my two top priories for now are:

1. To have geometry nodes visible right in the node editor once any group/component is created in SU. The geometry nodes shall have all functionality as in the Standalone, mainly for SubD. There shall be an option to lock these nodes - prevent from being refreshed in SU scene. In this way also proxy shall work - inside the node editor including OCS and orbx import - not under SU interface.

2. Settings icons - kernel, camera, environment, etc. - shall be directly located on the right panel - exactly the same way as in the Standalone.

Guys, these 2 options are critical for me and I cannot use it without the above features.

Re: Most Wanted - Poll

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:41 pm
by johlanga
+1
smicha wrote:I hope this topic is not dead. So my two top priories for now are:


2. Settings icons - kernel, camera, environment, etc. - shall be directly located on the right panel - exactly the same way as in the Standalone.

Re: Most Wanted - Poll

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:18 am
by johlanga
smicha wrote:
1. To have geometry nodes visible right in the node editor once any group/component is created in SU. The geometry nodes shall have all functionality as in the Standalone, mainly for SubD. There shall be an option to lock these nodes - prevent from being refreshed in SU scene. In this way also proxy shall work - inside the node editor including OCS and orbx import - not under SU interface.


This is a big workflow discussion ;)
Agree that SubD should be accessed from node editor. Maybe everything should focus on link between Render target > Scenes in SU >>>hide nodes that are not relevant for selected scene.
As it is now, main nodegraph window are a mess end Octane sandbox are very limited.

SubD are disabled and at some stage will be activated. Proxies, groups and Component can easily bee accessed from the Object picker in Render viewport. One enhancement to this button would be if both the Nodegraph and Node inspector got updated simultaneously (now i constantly have to right click ans select "show in Graph Editor").

Re: Most Wanted - Poll

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:12 pm
by johlanga
A follow up on "To have geometry nodes visible right in the node editor"
06a.png

06b.png