Most Wanted - Poll

Forums: Most Wanted - Poll
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

What feature do you most wish to see implemented in OctaneRender for Sketchup?

Skatter Support
33%
Nodal Approach
25%
Working Proxies
23%
Animation Support
20%

Total votes : 40

Most Wanted - Poll

Postby azen » Tue May 24, 2016 10:54 pm

azen Tue May 24, 2016 10:54 pm
Hi all,

To keep further development of the SU plugin more in-line with customer requirements, I will be creating and pinning a poll to this forum.I have placed known requests into the poll already, and will seek to add more based on your feedback. For any Octane product, extensive efforts go into the backend development, and keeping on top of feature request demands streamlined communication. Comments on this thread will be reviewed and additional voting options will be added based on your feedback.

Some points of note:

- This is intended to be a list of the most in-demand feature requests. The goal is to ensure that we have a constant finger on the pulse of the community, and that the community has a concise channel of communication to make their needs crystal clear. For this reason, the poll will be regularly moderated to reflect the greatest needs of the users currently.

- In some cases, technical feasibility or dependenices can make it difficult to direct development in a way that perfectly reflects the poll. In these situations, we will ensure that you are kept aware as to why.

- Feature requests are distinct for bug reports. I will be aiming to implement a separate threads for bugs for easier reference (similar to how the 3ds Max forum is structured). It is important to us to bring this plugin to a point that addresses your most pressing needs, as soon as possible, while balancing this along with the on-going backend demands and future developments required by Octane. Hopefully you find this useful.
azen
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: Most Wanted - Poll

Postby resmas » Wed May 25, 2016 1:47 pm

resmas Wed May 25, 2016 1:47 pm
Hello all

regarding this poll, i know we only can choose 1....but we need all of that features... 8-) 8-)

the votes mark the proxies as the winner, but in my opinion they work....not perfect but work.

In older version of the plugin when adding a proxie the component was converted to a lowpoly version of the Ocs/orbx object - That was amazing - the new versions cannot do this, but there is a simple workaround. I just open SU 2013 (for exemple) where i have an older version of Oct4SU and then add my proxies, the plugin do is magic and creat a lowpoly version of the object.
Then i return to 2015/2016 SU where i have the updetd plugin.

I dont do this all the time, but as i retart SU a few times to prevent crash its a simple way to solve the problem.

The nodal Approach an animation are the main features to me...as they allow almost everything.

As Smicha said

smicha wrote:Captain,

I want something Paul did for Modo to be present in SU - this is a must and shall be with high priority on the roadmap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcBW2ybf-0w

- it's all about same functionality of the standalone.

PS. As for the bug - I'll upload the video.

The possibilities with node aprouch are just amazing.... :o :o :o :o :o

Animation will be a dream come true.

Please give us that....pleaseeeee

cheers
resmas
i7-2600k | SSD Vertex 3 | WD Velociraptor | WS Revolution | 16GB Ram HyperX | PSU LEPA G1600W | 3 X Asus GTX590 |
https://pt-pt.facebook.com/arq.resmas
resmas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby azen » Wed May 25, 2016 10:24 pm

azen Wed May 25, 2016 10:24 pm
All features listed on this poll, which will be based on user feedback and our own suggestions, are all things that we take full notice of. This is primarily a way of engaging the community through a more concise communication channel. This will hopefully make it easier to gauge where we need to be in terms of usability, and in turn what development work that most urgently needs to be leveraged against the on-going back-end development.
azen
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Notiusweb » Fri May 27, 2016 5:47 pm

Notiusweb Fri May 27, 2016 5:47 pm
Animation support would be great if it also would have an alembic export component to the standalone. Could this be a consideration for the future if animation could be added?
Win 10 Pro 64, Xeon E5-2687W v2 (8x 3.40GHz), G.Skill 64 GB DDR3-2400, ASRock X79 Extreme 11
Mobo: 1 Titan RTX, 1 Titan Xp
External: 6 Titan X Pascal, 2 GTX Titan X
Plugs: Enterprise
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Jorgensen » Fri May 27, 2016 7:13 pm

Jorgensen Fri May 27, 2016 7:13 pm
Can you animate in sketchup?

Jorgensen
HOME octane standalone v3.07 | octane plugin for sketchup 3.07.0.14 | sketchup pro 2017 17.2.2555 64 bit | windows 10 pro 10.015063 build 15063 | i7-6700k @4.0 GHz | 32gb ram | 2x gtx 1070 | nvidia driver 382.33
Jorgensen
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Notiusweb » Fri May 27, 2016 9:29 pm

Notiusweb Fri May 27, 2016 9:29 pm
Ah, I saw this in my post where I asked about animating in Sketchup with a potential to render out the animation frames into Octane plugin
https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=54080

postby Jorgensen » Fri May 27, 2016 3:07 pm
fivebythree wrote:
azen wrote:
Fredo6 is working on an keyframe animation plugin for SketchUp, due in summer sometime reminds me a little of Flash. I suggested they look into Alembic export, they said this is a good feature request. As of right now there's not really a good way to record from SketchUp. Other than in the basic geometry to image sequence or video format.

Referring to the above quote: The keyframe animation plugin for SketchUp reminds you a little of Flash, is that because it appears to Bruce Wayne with a warning suddenly after a dream sequence where Batman, incognito, gets duped into thinking he was getting a Kryptonite weapon and then gets captured by Superman's soldiers, who are fighting along side insect-like creatures? If that's the case it would make perfect sense within the context of everything to clearly remind me of Flash as well. :lol:

Anyway, yeah Alembic, on top of animating in Sketchup, would be cool.
Win 10 Pro 64, Xeon E5-2687W v2 (8x 3.40GHz), G.Skill 64 GB DDR3-2400, ASRock X79 Extreme 11
Mobo: 1 Titan RTX, 1 Titan Xp
External: 6 Titan X Pascal, 2 GTX Titan X
Plugs: Enterprise
Notiusweb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby fivebythree » Fri May 27, 2016 10:51 pm

fivebythree Fri May 27, 2016 10:51 pm
Seems I'm in the minority on Skatter support. Proxies have worked since we ironed out what the actual issue was with Captain. Nodal materials with db access would be swell.
STANDALONE WINDOWS10PRO | RTX3090 | XEON 4210 20 CORE | 96GBRam
fivebythree
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby CaptainCrowbar » Mon May 30, 2016 10:32 pm

CaptainCrowbar Mon May 30, 2016 10:32 pm
Just a quick update to let you know we're paying attention here. Right now I'm working on porting the SketchUp plugin to Mac OS X; once that's released, the next priority will be enhancing the node graph editor, similar to Paul's work on the Modo plugin, as Smicha and Resmas were discussing. We haven't forgotten about the Skatter requests and will be looking into that too.
CaptainCrowbar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby resmas » Mon May 30, 2016 10:48 pm

resmas Mon May 30, 2016 10:48 pm
CaptainCrowbar wrote:Just a quick update to let you know we're paying attention here. Right now I'm working on porting the SketchUp plugin to Mac OS X; once that's released, the next priority will be enhancing the node graph editor, similar to Paul's work on the Modo plugin, as Smicha and Resmas were discussing. We haven't forgotten about the Skatter requests and will be looking into that too.

8-) 8-)

Thank you Cap.

Cheers
resmas
i7-2600k | SSD Vertex 3 | WD Velociraptor | WS Revolution | 16GB Ram HyperX | PSU LEPA G1600W | 3 X Asus GTX590 |
https://pt-pt.facebook.com/arq.resmas
resmas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby smicha » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:21 pm

smicha Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:21 pm
Oh yes. :mrgreen:

Fall in grace....
3090, Titan, Quadro, Xeon Scalable Supermicro, 768GB RAM; Sketchup Pro, Classical Architecture.
Custom alloy powder coated laser cut cases, Autodesk metal-sheet 3D modelling.
build-log http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42540
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to SketchUp