so we still don"t have a working version .

Forums: so we still don"t have a working version .
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

so we still don"t have a working version .

Postby pasmangiu » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:17 pm

pasmangiu Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:17 pm
-we do not have working proxys
-we still don't have a working depth of field for the camera
-still lots of errors
-lack of important features , such as out of core memory , node graph material editor , no way to pack the octane/sketchup scene , we can,t save materials with out leaving sketchup.
-still no suport for sketchup 2016.

and i am sure that the v3 plugin version will not come for another six months. (six months if we are lucky )
to much frustration , i am realy thinking to go back to vray.or to dig more into Thea for sketchup
pasmangiu
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: so we still don"t have a working version .

Postby happymilk » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:26 pm

happymilk Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:26 pm
I love Octane for Lightwave. Really good implementation.
I bought the beta for sketchup expecting to find the same quality and reliability in programmers.
Hopes completely disregarded.

For an urgent work that requires the use of SketchUp and GPU support I had to buy a license of Thea Render. An honest product with many features. Not all are perfect and in some aspects is lacking compared to Octane but the development team is serious and careful to user requests.

Otoy has lost much of its credibility for the way he managed the development of this version.
If they had no intention of developing it seriously would have to simply not offer it to us.

I know that I bought a beta and I could not expect the quality of a final version, but after 18 months without any progress I think I have a right to a refund and not to have to pay to get the license for next version 3 (if it ever will be developed).

I am very disappointed

Mirko
Win 10pro 64 | 3 x Geforce GTX980Ti | i7 5930K | 32GB
happymilk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby fivebythree » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:49 am

fivebythree Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:49 am
The proxies do work. Just have to use the previous version SU2014 to create them. There's workarounds for a lot of the problems. Best way to render is export your scene as OBJ from Tig's OBJ exporter an import to Octane Stanadalone.

There's many unresolved problems with the current SU plugin. And I feel the pain of not having something fresh and working, but as I said, there's other ways to achieve the quick gpu rendering goal.
STANDALONE WINDOWS10PRO | RTX3090 | XEON 4210 20 CORE | 96GBRam
fivebythree
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby smicha » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:49 am

smicha Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:49 am
I use kind of different approach - I export base geometry via ocs exporter and then im port all objs into Modo and refine them.
3090, Titan, Quadro, Xeon Scalable Supermicro, 768GB RAM; Sketchup Pro, Classical Architecture.
Custom alloy powder coated laser cut cases, Autodesk metal-sheet 3D modelling.
build-log http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42540
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rfox » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:10 am

rfox Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:10 am
Yes, i believe we can export model from sketchup into any kind of format But....the point is why would i purchase a plug-in that informed it can work seamlessly inside the program which apparently do not work as advertised. At least plugin for 3ds max is still working good regardless the glitches. Just my though....
3x GTX Titan - Win7 Pro x64 - Intel i7-3930K - ASUS Rampage IV Formula-X79
rfox
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby fivebythree » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:13 pm

fivebythree Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:13 pm
smicha wrote:I use kind of different approach - I export base geometry via ocs exporter and then im port all objs into Modo and refine them.

Is that TIG's exporter? Is it still available for download? Cause I'd rather not have to use v2014 any more.

NM - found it. Looks like I'll still have to use v2014 to export. SIGH.. FIX THIS PLUGIN.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=38735
STANDALONE WINDOWS10PRO | RTX3090 | XEON 4210 20 CORE | 96GBRam
fivebythree
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to SketchUp