SU (HDRI+Use Sun) VS. Standalone

Forums: SU (HDRI+Use Sun) VS. Standalone
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

SU (HDRI+Use Sun) VS. Standalone

Postby serjdaher » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:22 pm

serjdaher Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:22 pm
Hello to all,

I am relatively new to the Octane scene, i am switching from VRay to Octane so far it seems like octane might be easier to deal with, but has a lot of limitations it seems? I am just still not quite sure if i am the one who is not handling it all so well but i had one question regarding the use of HDRI within the plugin and in the standalone.

With Sketchup, we can set up the Environment as Texture to load an HDRI, and we can just toggle the sun option as True/False.
The Standalone doesn't have that option it seems? i find it a bit frustrating that i would have to render two times one with HDRI and the other one with daylight to add both, there is no way i would have time on tight deadlines to double the work like that......

Am i missing something? Is there any other way to do it?

I apologize if this issue has been addressed i haven't found anything talking about the differences between the plugin and the standalone.

Thank you in advance to all.

Serge
serjdaher
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: SU (HDRI+Use Sun) VS. Standalone

Postby abreukers » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:01 am

abreukers Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:01 am
hi Serge, in the standalone, SU (HDRI+Use Sun) is equivalent to the Standalone's Daylight environment with a sky texture, where the sky texture is the hdri
i72630QM @ 2.00GHz | 6GB RAM | 2GB GeForce GT 540M | Win7 64bit
abreukers
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to SketchUp