Strange issue with render????

Forums: Strange issue with render????
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Strange issue with render????

Postby clausgs » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:50 pm

clausgs Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:50 pm
HI

Have worked on some dining chairs.
After a long modeling time I started Octane to check out the 3D model.
And got below very strange surfaces....
Any one know what this is and how to remove it?????

octane issue 1.jpg
Intel Core i7-3770K, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680, WIN 7 64bit.
clausgs
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Strange issue with render????

Postby clausgs » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:23 am

clausgs Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:23 am
Found the problem my self...
When the view in SU is not in perspective it will show up strangely.......
clausgs
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Seekerfinder » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:50 am

Seekerfinder Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:50 am
clausgs wrote:Found the problem my self...

Hi Claus,
I have not found problems with SU & Octane when not in perspective. In fact, the ability of the plugin to do 2D elevation views I have found to be most useful. The artifacts you saw could be one of a few things. The plugin is servery broken and buggy and I expect anything to happen (I just got another crash). More specifically, there used to be a bug that duplicated geometry when copying stuff and I presume it's still alive and well. That looked a lot like your image. My other guess would be the ray epsilon setting. If you get it again, play with that setting.

Best,
Seeker
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby clausgs » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:26 am

clausgs Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:26 am
Seekerfinder wrote:
clausgs wrote:Found the problem my self...

Hi Claus,
I have not found problems with SU & Octane when not in perspective. In fact, the ability of the plugin to do 2D elevation views I have found to be most useful. The artifacts you saw could be one of a few things. The plugin is servery broken and buggy and I expect anything to happen (I just got another crash). More specifically, there used to be a bug that duplicated geometry when copying stuff and I presume it's still alive and well. That looked a lot like your image. My other guess would be the ray epsilon setting. If you get it again, play with that setting.

Best,
Seeker

Thanks for your reply,,,, this days the Octane team is not to be found any where....
You are so right it is full of bug's and crash's. It is not at all ok,,, and it do make my workflow very slow...
SU is my goto and only 3D modeling tool for now,,,, do you have any other 3D modeling software you could recommend,,,, where the learning curve is not too steep for a old SU user...???
I do furniture and interior design.
Or maybe even better,,,, another render that works better with SU,,,,, after all this is not a SU problem it is a render problem....
Brg Claus
clausgs
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby fivebythree » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:40 pm

fivebythree Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:40 pm
Might I suggest exporting your geometry for use in Octane standalone. That way you'll have the best of Octane, and the best of SU modeling. :D
STANDALONE WINDOWS10PRO | RTX3090 | XEON 4210 20 CORE | 96GBRam
fivebythree
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby clausgs » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:59 am

clausgs Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:59 am
fivebythree wrote:Might I suggest exporting your geometry for use in Octane standalone. That way you'll have the best of Octane, and the best of SU modeling. :D

I tried that,,, and it takes to time to export with big models...
Also the clutter of different nodes in the exported scene into octane stand alone is a big mess.... even just a simple scene like my chair i posted earlier...

I have tried Thea render and I must say I am impresed... if you have not tried go over to Thea and down load the demo version (no registration needed)
I played with it for 4 days now, and i did not have 1 single crash or bug,,,, not one.... it is hard to say like that about the octane for SU integration.
clausgs
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby fivebythree » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:44 am

fivebythree Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:44 am
Thea certainly looks great vs. this non-functioning beta. I wish someone up at otoy could take these issues seriously. I miss fuzzy, he was at least on the right track. I'm thinking of moving to the blender plugin instead, apparently that one works.
fivebythree
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Seekerfinder » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:54 am

Seekerfinder Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:54 am
fivebythree wrote:Thea certainly looks great vs. this non-functioning beta. I wish someone up at otoy could take these issues seriously. I miss fuzzy, he was at least on the right track. I'm thinking of moving to the blender plugin instead, apparently that one works.

I'm with 5x3. Otoy thinks Sketchup is only a toy. This really annoys me because in my view they are dismissing one of the most accessible 3D tools out there and probably the one tool used by most architects. What a shame.
Seeker
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby fivebythree » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:59 pm

fivebythree Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:59 pm
Seekerfinder wrote:
fivebythree wrote:Thea certainly looks great vs. this non-functioning beta. I wish someone up at otoy could take these issues seriously. I miss fuzzy, he was at least on the right track. I'm thinking of moving to the blender plugin instead, apparently that one works.

I'm with 5x3. Otoy thinks Sketchup is only a toy. This really annoys me because in my view they are dismissing one of the most accessible 3D tools out there and probably the one tool used by most architects. What a shame.
Seeker

Thanks for the plug, Seeker.

I knew this day would come, purchased the Blender plugin this morning. Work has to continue. I can't just wait for a non functioning proxy system to work in SU, a lack of node based file structure, material node editing etc... etc.. They blame SketchUp for its toggle check based system, non-64bit integration. All they need to do is make a true integrated patch from SU to either Octane Plugin or standalone. Stop working on V3, and get us daily paying users some fixes and functionality! - Hazzah, I'm done complaining.... :ugeek: :?

Update: Things I've noticed, Blender Octane is FAST, fast like the standalone version. SketchUp plugin is a bit tardy by comparison.
fivebythree
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to SketchUp