Scale problem

Forums: Scale problem
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Scale problem

Postby manos » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:27 pm

manos Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:27 pm
Hi everyone, i'm expiriensing very big problems with scale. My renderes are very slow and the final resaluts are not so pleasing. I thought it was a wrong lighting or general gonfiguration problem but Adrian told me that it has to do something with scale.????? Check this topic.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4628
CPU: INTEL i7 3.40 GHz/RAM: 8 GB/GPU: 2XGTX690/OS: WIN 7 64 BIT/SKETCHUP 2014/OCTANE for SU
manos
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Scale problem

Postby TIG » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:41 pm

TIG Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:41 pm
Manos

As I explained in PMs earlier... The Sketchup Exporter always exports its OBJs in meters [no matter what units you might be modeling in], so as long as you haven't messed about with Octane's own units setting [which should always be meters too] then what comes in will be the correct size. If you export manually to an OBJ that isn't in meters and/or messing on with Octane's own units settings [the Octane Help PDF says always use meters and the OBJ export allows you to set the units to meters under 'option'!]... then you are making the proverbial rod for your own back

There are several other 'scale' issues that Adrian raised - these suggest you look at original texture size, its UV mapping and the Ambient Occlusion scales - all to try to sharpen your images...

I suggest you get Adrian to clarify what he is saying - as it is at least ambiguous and at worst plain wrong... :roll:
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Scale problem

Postby manos » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:20 pm

manos Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:20 pm
I've checked all configurations and i've bean trying several ways to export and inport in different settings and nothing worked. The AO is a setting in direct lighting no in path traising , i'm talking about realistic resaults , not for previews.
What about the UV , can you give more info ? You all ready have my dropbox file all together (obj, png, textures, sketchup file) what is the matter with them? I saw a youtube video of a guy that has a scene of 4 million triangles and octane runs like crazy, (is that a non official video ?) my scene has about 51000 triangles and although i have only one gtx480 , i did not expect so slow renderings (i don't mind about the time but the final pict aren't so good , poor light , lot of noise you've sean some of them) I've send an email to refractive and Terrence told me that i'll find help to the forum, still haven't find an answer that is specific, just controversial opinions.

octane render youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqJyD7M_WQg
CPU: INTEL i7 3.40 GHz/RAM: 8 GB/GPU: 2XGTX690/OS: WIN 7 64 BIT/SKETCHUP 2014/OCTANE for SU
manos
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to SketchUp