Section not considered in Renderings?

Forums: Section not considered in Renderings?
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Section not considered in Renderings?

Postby pixpray » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:17 pm

pixpray Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:17 pm
Hello,

i'd like to know if there's a possibility to consider sections in the render process?
i made my sections with the sketchup section tool.

best regads,
pixpray
pixpray
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Section not considered in Renderings?

Postby Seekerfinder » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:38 pm

Seekerfinder Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:38 pm
pixpray wrote:Hello,

i'd like to know if there's a possibility to consider sections in the render process?
i made my sections with the sketchup section tool.

best regads,
pixpray

I've also written and submitted a motivation for this to Tsar Fuzzybro... Big request for me as well - translate SU section position to Octane clipping plane? I really love how the pluging can render SU's 2D views. Really hope FB can translate this to sections as well...

Awaiting the official response from red square.

Seeker
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby johlanga » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:37 am

johlanga Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:37 am
+1
Win7 Sp2____2xGTX1060 [email protected]____Su17.2.2555 and Su18.0.16975____SketchUp Plugin 4.00.0.17____4.00.RC7 Standalone
johlanga
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby rfox » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:17 pm

rfox Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:17 pm
+1
3x GTX Titan - Win7 Pro x64 - Intel i7-3930K - ASUS Rampage IV Formula-X79
rfox
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Interfaces » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:10 pm

Interfaces Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:10 pm
Hi,here is a solution

Use: Sketchup has an absolutely essential cutting tool, but it remains completely 'virtual', and virtually no renderer does take into account. To work around the problem, the script deletes the hidden geometry by cutting, leading a half model, then we just go to any program.

Method: Place a cup Sketchup to the desired location, right-click on the section plane, then 'slice model at section'.

Warning: Back up before operation because can crash ... well, watch out, cutting completely removes the hidden part ... try not to regret it ...

Zorro2.zip
(4.76 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
Interfaces
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Seekerfinder » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:31 pm

Seekerfinder Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:31 pm
Interfaces wrote:Hi,here is a solution

Use: Sketchup has an absolutely essential cutting tool, but it remains completely 'virtual', and virtually no renderer does take into account. To work around the problem, the script deletes the hidden geometry by cutting, leading a half model, then we just go to any program.

Method: Place a cup Sketchup to the desired location, right-click on the section plane, then 'slice model at section'.

Warning: Back up before operation because can crash ... well, watch out, cutting completely removes the hidden part ... try not to regret it ...

Zorro2.zip

Thanks for sharing that, Interfaces. However, I see that as a workaround, not a solution. With integrated project development, I'd like to render my sections and when things change, render them again, without doing a 'sacraficial' cut like that every time. Similar requirement for options.

Another downside to the 'cut & discard' approach, is that shadows will reflect the section cut plane - this is bado's. This is not the case with OR's clipping plane. When I want to look 'inside' a building or object, I don't want to see incorrect shadows or reflections, which are not representative of real life lighting conditions or reflections.

My two top feature-requests are:
1. Animations inside SU using SU's native animation tool;
2. Correct section renders.

Best,
Seeker
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to SketchUp