Sketchup 2015 is out - 64 bit !!!

Forums: Sketchup 2015 is out - 64 bit !!!
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Re: Sketchup 2015 is out - 64 bit !!!

Postby resmas » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:42 pm

resmas Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:42 pm
fivebythree wrote:
Hey Bro,

Here's a nugget of what I saw before having to manually change every face on the model ...again I think the sketchup material library is conflicting with the Octane material library. Because every time I load up the files the Octane material library has a very limited number of in use materials, despite the model using every material from the Octane library. Hope that wasn't too confusing.

Thank you!

Domenic

hello mate, i think you have 2 material applied to that object(or group).

Let me explain, for example if you have a cube and create a group, inside there are 6 faces, each face as 2 sides (inside and outside), normals should be facing outside (check if they are all facing the correct direction).
This group has the default material applied, you can paint the group or enter inside and paint each face.
If you enter the group and paint faces with ex: brick, all goes well, even if you have a face with inverted Normals. But then when outside if you paint the group as ex:glass (the faces with normals facing the wrong direction will be painted with the material of the group and not the material you are trying to apply to that face (because the face as inverted normals)

May be this, or may be any other thing.

If you can share the file and we can check it.

cheers
resmas
i7-2600k | SSD Vertex 3 | WD Velociraptor | WS Revolution | 16GB Ram HyperX | PSU LEPA G1600W | 3 X Asus GTX590 |
https://pt-pt.facebook.com/arq.resmas
resmas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby fivebythree » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:30 pm

fivebythree Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:30 pm
resmas wrote:
fivebythree wrote:
Hey Bro,

Here's a nugget of what I saw before having to manually change every face on the model ...again I think the sketchup material library is conflicting with the Octane material library. Because every time I load up the files the Octane material library has a very limited number of in use materials, despite the model using every material from the Octane library. Hope that wasn't too confusing.

Thank you!

Domenic

hello mate, i think you have 2 material applied to that object(or group).

Let me explain, for example if you have a cube and create a group, inside there are 6 faces, each face as 2 sides (inside and outside), normals should be facing outside (check if they are all facing the correct direction).
This group has the default material applied, you can paint the group or enter inside and paint each face.
If you enter the group and paint faces with ex: brick, all goes well, even if you have a face with inverted Normals. But then when outside if you paint the group as ex:glass (the faces with normals facing the wrong direction will be painted with the material of the group and not the material you are trying to apply to that face (because the face as inverted normals)

May be this, or may be any other thing.

If you can share the file and we can check it.

cheers
resmas

Hey Resmas,

I'm aware of the normals etc., I think it was a conflict of SU materials and Octane.

Within the file manager of Windows, there was multiple instances of the 'Running Brick' material. I was working on a plaza with 9 buildings with the same textures.

I guess this is more of a cautionary tale to keep your materials in check so this doesn't happen to you too!
Attachments
RepeatTexture.jpg
So many bricks
STANDALONE WINDOWS10PRO | RTX3090 | XEON 4210 20 CORE | 96GBRam
fivebythree
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby fuzzybro » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:02 am

fuzzybro Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:02 am
Hi all,

Yeah, there might be some problems with two-sided materials in the current builds 'cause Octane 2.13 and all the previous versions do not support them.
However two-sided material support has been introduced since 2.14 so good news is that it's coming to Octane for SU plugin. It's quite a lot of work tho so please be patient. It's going to be awesome soon :)

Cheers
fuzzybro
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Seekerfinder » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:28 am

Seekerfinder Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:28 am
fuzzybro wrote:Hi all,

Yeah, there might be some problems with two-sided materials in the current builds 'cause Octane 2.13 and all the previous versions do not support them.
However two-sided material support has been introduced since 2.14 so good news is that it's coming to Octane for SU plugin. It's quite a lot of work tho so please be patient. It's going to be awesome soon :)

Cheers

I want patience - and I want it NOW! Ok Fuzzy, dazzle us when you're ready.

Seeker
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to SketchUp