In search of a perfect ocs. exporter

Forums: In search of a perfect ocs. exporter
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Re: In search of a perfect ocs. exporter

Postby resmas » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:29 pm

resmas Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:29 pm
Hello there.

Yes exporter need some work.

1- Scenes exported as render targets
2- OCS export mode without geometry (and then we could simple export project as .obj and connect the materials/settings/nodes exported in the OCS file) - this is important because, for example, a big big project could be easily "worked in parts in SU" exported and join together in StandAlone. This happens in some projects, they start small and then get bigger and bigger, so the possibility to export and continue working in StandAlone should be present, and for now the result of the export is just crazy :?

Seekerfinder wrote:For me, the fact that we can IMPORT OCS files into the SU plugin as proxies is huge. It means I can export my base models from SU using Tig's tool, do my texturing as required in standalone and import those OCS files into my SU master model. These are assets I use repeatedly on different models so work done once is available always. Works great for archviz stuff.
Seeker

Yes Seeker that is great, and its the way i do it too ;) , but would be even better if we could have the same texturing scale(or whatever problem we have in that). viewtopic.php?f=31&t=41544&p=198537#p198537

For sure the StandAlone offers much more possibilities, that is true, and the plugins in is first steps, trying to fight the 32bit limitation, so lets hope we can get Fuzzy back to us and a few more correction to the plugin.

My wishlist

1- Rayepsilon - Sometimes it just gets crazy - dont know why...and we dont have the control.
2- Camera response - he have it but ist so hard to change it - the menu is very tricky
3- Zoom Option in Render Viewport - big renders are impossible to see.
4- Clay rendering
5- Save to OCS without geometry
6- Near Clip Depth

cheers
resmas
i7-2600k | SSD Vertex 3 | WD Velociraptor | WS Revolution | 16GB Ram HyperX | PSU LEPA G1600W | 3 X Asus GTX590 |
https://pt-pt.facebook.com/arq.resmas
resmas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby fuzzybro » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:55 pm

fuzzybro Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:55 pm
Hi all,

.ocs/.orbx export was a side feature that I actually didn't plan to implement, it came with the functionality of Octane SDK.
The way scene is being exported to .ocs is the way data is mapped from SketchUp to Octane to allow interactive updates.

Regrouping nodes means breaking the node structure which means that to continue working in SU one would have re-map SU scene to Octane again (similar to closing and opening viewport).

Some improvements to .ocs export are on the roadmap but they won't be implemented very soon since the main purpose of the plugin is to render inside SU.

As for other improvements as clay rendering, zoom rendering, etc, I'm working on them.
Right now main priority is on stability and multi-language support which is a pain to solve.

Take it easy
fuzzy
fuzzybro
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby resmas » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:45 pm

resmas Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:45 pm
Hello Fuzzy,
thanks for the feedback, there are many things that are far ahead from my knowledge and sometimes i think we just dont know if what we are asking is a impossible thing or if its just in "hard stuff" zone.

I must agree with you that OCT4SU was made so we can use Octane inside SU, and right now SU has some (a lot) limitations. I don't excpect to do everything inside SU...at least until 64b version :twisted: ....hehe Just kidding.

For me the only limitations of the plugin - at this moment - are the ones I said in the earlier post.

1- Rayepsilon - Sometimes it just gets crazy - dont know why...and we dont have the control.
2- Camera response - he have it but ist so hard to change it - the menu is very tricky
3- Zoom Option in Render Viewport - big renders are impossible to see.
4- Clay rendering
5- Near Clip Depth
6- Menus - fonts size/open/collapse - maybe Viewport menu could be outside (similar to materials menu)

thanks ;)

cheers
resmas
i7-2600k | SSD Vertex 3 | WD Velociraptor | WS Revolution | 16GB Ram HyperX | PSU LEPA G1600W | 3 X Asus GTX590 |
https://pt-pt.facebook.com/arq.resmas
resmas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby smicha » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:53 pm

smicha Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:53 pm
Refreshing this post - GUYS PLEASE CODE IT in the nodal approach Fuzzy stared.
3090, Titan, Quadro, Xeon Scalable Supermicro, 768GB RAM; Sketchup Pro, Classical Architecture.
Custom alloy powder coated laser cut cases, Autodesk metal-sheet 3D modelling.
build-log http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=42540
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby CaptainCrowbar » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:51 am

CaptainCrowbar Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:51 am
Smicha, node editing will be next on my agenda after I get the proxy issue sorted.
CaptainCrowbar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby smicha » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:36 am

smicha Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:36 am
CaptainCrowbar wrote:Smicha, node editing will be next on my agenda after I get the proxy issue sorted.

Great :D
3090, Titan, Quadro, Xeon Scalable Supermicro, 768GB RAM; Sketchup Pro, Classical Architecture.
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Seekerfinder » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:33 am

Seekerfinder Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:33 am
CaptainCrowbar wrote:Smicha, node editing will be next on my agenda after I get the proxy issue sorted.

Can we just get basic stability established first please? Like render window displaying nothing / material dialog not opening / frequent crashes etc...
Also, in terms of general usability, the texture scaling problem is still prevelant and uber annoying / time wasting. Please check the correspondence history on thus subject in the original beta forum...
Tnx,
Seeker
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby smicha » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:00 am

smicha Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:00 am
I agree with seeker - let's fix what's already done and then create new functional plugin (new).
smicha
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to SketchUp