Details to help narrow down the cause:
- I get this error when I start SketchUp and when I try to render.
- When the render begins, half the scene is missing.
- The path it is attempting to write the texture to is my SketchUp Octane folder (D:\Documents\Octane\SketchUp\temp\textures)
- The file it is having a problem with is the map from a simple SU material (not converted to Octane) on model I grabbed from the 3D Warehouse.
- I highly suspect it is related to this other *incredibly* annoying problem I am still experiencing. (viewtopic.php?f=31&t=41332)
- I tried a repair install of Octane. No joy.
- When I assigned a different material to the object from 3D Warehouse and purged the offending material from the scene, this error went away.