sketchup physics

Forums: sketchup physics
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

sketchup physics

Postby tubel » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:49 am

tubel Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:49 am
hi guys, i was wandering if there is a way to render an animation done with sketchup physics. rendering it frame by frame after exporting to a couple of hundreds of skp files is a living hell.
i did this with sketchyphysics and wanted to render it with octane.
if anybody could give me a hint, please do help me because i`m close to have a nervous breakdown :oops:

thank you in advance,
Tudor
Win 7 Ultimate x64 | AMD Phenom II x4 810 2.60 Ghz | 8Gb Ram DDR3 | Archicad 16, Sketchup, Moi3d
tubel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: sketchup physics

Postby TIG » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:38 pm

TIG Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:38 pm
I'm not a SketchyPhysics guru but the 'exporter' does allow you to make an 'animation' scene by scene and make an individual obj for each frame [you must answer 'No' when asked if you want to use the default of 'same_obj_file_for_every_frame'].
If SP can have different 'setting' per scene then this could work... I know it does work with other animation tools that use multiple copies of things and their layer manipulations across scenes to control visibility and thereby give the illusion of movement or changes to materials, lighting etc - it takes a loooooooot longer to start the rendering as it has to make many obj/mtl files, but it does remove the chore of doing each frame one at a time...
Let me know how you get on...
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby tubel » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:19 pm

tubel Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:19 pm
Thank you Tig for the quick response

yes i know the exporter does allow animation export based on number of scenes. but for the moment there is no way i can save the sketchy physics animation to a scene based animation. i can provide the scene if someone could look into this
i know that TwilightRender is capable of rendering sketchyphysics animation (i`ve found a tutorial here http://twilightrender.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=215 ) but i`m rubbish at correlating those steps with the octane exporter
(ruby scripts are waaay beyond my capability)
Win 7 Ultimate x64 | AMD Phenom II x4 810 2.60 Ghz | 8Gb Ram DDR3 | Archicad 16, Sketchup, Moi3d
tubel
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:45 pm

TIG Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:45 pm
Sorry not to be more help... :(
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to SketchUp