Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta bb [superseded]

Forums: Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta bb [superseded]
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta bb [superseded]

Postby TIG » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:14 am

TIG Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:14 am
Here is beta.bb
Octane_1022bb.zip
(510.72 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
It includes changes to the PC cmd windows code to minimize them to the taskbar/dock ['bash' ideas from technically minded MAC users about minimizing their 'command' screens - if it's really considered necessary at all - are most welcome].
For MAC users only, it also has a yet again updated dialog html and the .rb code is changed - so now using this version MAC users will get 'annoying message-boxes' popping up as the dialog starts, loads and gets populated - there is also a 'sleep' short delay added between some of these too. MAC users' screen-shots showing the dialog/message at each 'stage' would be appreciated. If the dialog loads and it gets the correct 'default' [or subsequently 'preset'] values displayed for the several options then it's "hooray"! I can then issue version 'cc' without the messages and we probably have a fix for the MAC... Otherwise, I might at least be a little further on with the MAC version after this test... :roll:

All users should upgrade to this new version.
PC users should only notice the minimization of the cmd windows.
MAC users will have to endure the 'annoying messages' for this version - I thank them for their patience and in anticipation of there further assistance... :)

Feedback please...
Last edited by TIG on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta bb

Postby Burkhard » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:21 pm

Burkhard Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:21 pm
I'm a bit lost and understand nothing what you try to do.
But for short:
After the first Dialog message the field is empty. see attached
Second...see attached
Third is empty ( same as the first one.)
I can set the pathes manually new but no chance to set the resolution, so Octane crashes at least.

Burkhard
Attachments
oct2.png
octa.png
MacPro Quad * 8Gig RAM * GTX 285 Mac Edition ( delete two GT120 to make it run with octane! ) * Snow Leopard 10.6
Burkhard
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:24 pm

TIG Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:24 pm
Thanks Burkhard...

It's as I feared - no improvement :cry:

The PC and MAC code should be very similar...

The PC versions opens the dialog with most of the options already checked etc, it then immediately replaces them with the "correct" settings - these are either the standard defaults - i.e. most unchecked except camera and also binary/project-path/project-name filled in... OR the values that you have previously entered and have saved when you have saved the SKP. The 'method' that updates these dialog's values is called 'populate'... i.e. it adds a 'population' to the fields of the dialog........

The MAC version should do exactly the same.
For a reason I haven't yet found, the MAC version fails to replace the dialog's initial values with these 'defaults' [or the previously saved values]. The 'populate' method used by the PC version [and several other methods that would also work with the PC] all fail on the MAC.
I am plodding through the remaining permutations of 'populating' the dialog on the MAC and testing each in turn - I can't see why it isn't working [yet]... I have other dialogs working fine on PC and MAC so I currently fail to see where it's failing with this tool... :?

Unfortunately I do not have a MAC and so I must rely on you MAC-users' goodwill to test all of this for me...

I shall think about it overnight... :roll:
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:16 am

TIG Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:16 am
Please try beta.cc ...........
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer