Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta x [superseded]

Forums: Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta x [superseded]
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta x [superseded]

Postby TIG » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:43 pm

TIG Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:43 pm
Here's beta.x
Octane_1022x.zip
(274.05 KiB) Downloaded 241 times

It's updated as follows:
A newly made OCS will now 'link' [-l], without a 'relink' [-r]: an existing OCS will 'relink' [-r].
The temporary maximum-sample value [-s 4096] has been removed for single-frame render option - it now keeps on rendering until it's stopped.
The .html's 'populate' script code is now moved to just before the </body> tag, for cross-platform compatibility.
The Folder-Browser code has been revisited, for cross-platform compatibility.

Note that I have now used an alternative application to make the Zip file, so earlier errors with Mac users might now be alleviated.

I hope that the latest adjustments will give us the PC/Mac cross-platform compatibility back that got lost in trying to fix the 'js' error messages for a few PC users :roll:

Feedback please...
Last edited by TIG on Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane Sketchup Exporter Beta x

Postby Burkhard » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:13 pm

Burkhard Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:13 pm
The zip works
The browser window for the Project Path and Image Output is blank

(The navigating through the scenes are frustrating for SU users - a bit off topic )
MacPro Quad * 8Gig RAM * GTX 285 Mac Edition ( delete two GT120 to make it run with octane! ) * Snow Leopard 10.6
Burkhard
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby radiance » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:22 pm

radiance Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:22 pm
just tested again on mac, and the zip issue is solved.

there's still too much default options enabled, you should check in the guidelines doc what should be on/off by default so it matches the other plugins...
the resolution checkbox, lens aperture, focal depth, motion blur and gpu checkboxes should all be off by default if i'm not mistaken.

apart from that the directory browser still does'nt work on OSX, it's still empty.

Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Postby TIG » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:38 pm

TIG Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:38 pm
Burkhard wrote:The zip works.
The browser window for the Project Path and Image Output is blank.
(The navigating through the scenes is frustrating for SU users - a bit off topic )

Thanks for the feedback
Good - I even bought a new Alzip 8 license !
I assume that the 'browser' you refer to is the 'folder-browser' for picking the folder for the path ?
I assume this folder-browser has never worked on Mac, but it's just not been reported until now ???
Prior to it's introduction the UI::openpanel() browser did work after a fashion...
For some reason the new folder-browser is still not Mac friendly - so my tweaks haven't worked - I'll investigate further,,,
Are all of the fields in the main-dialog properly displayed? Defaulted to 'off' for most of them etc - like the image in the Help PDF file.
Sounds like it's NOT from the parallel Radiance post !
Set the defaults as you want, save/close the SKP and reopen it - do the defaults get remembred as expected or all get checked again ?
The defaults ARE getting set properly BUT the Mac compatibility problem means it's not getting transfered to the dialog - I'll have to revert to an earlier code set that worked for the Mac and look for another work-around for the few affected PC users - at least then it worked for most users cross-platform !

What's your exact OS and browser configuration ?

Could you expand further on your off-topic 'throw-away remark' about the 'navigating through the scenes is frustrating' - do you mean the picking from the drop-down list of active cameras [scenes] ? The easiest way is to change your SUp scene [inside SUp] to the one you want and then in the Octane Exporter you take the default camera <from Current View> or <from Current Scene> ?? It you refer to the animation you simply pick a Start and End Scene from the two lists of available scenes... how could it be [made] less frustrating ???

I would appreciate your earliest assistance on this :)
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Burkhard » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:05 pm

Burkhard Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:05 pm
The browsers which are blank...and the checkboxes ...see attached
Yep, I've never tested these paths.
Nothings remembered, they all get checked again.

Snow Leopard 10.6.2
Firefox 3.6
Safari 4.0.3

Leave off topic as it is... I just meant for a Sketchup user who only needs the middle mouse button with the shift key, it is hard to navigate in octane.
Was not my intention to confuse you.
( tried out a scene in octane, where the rotation point was far away from the object - (no clue how to explain it correctly)- and can't get the scene into the right position )
Attachments
oct.png
MacPro Quad * 8Gig RAM * GTX 285 Mac Edition ( delete two GT120 to make it run with octane! ) * Snow Leopard 10.6
Burkhard
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby radiance » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:37 pm

radiance Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:37 pm
i already too posted screenshots about the not-working directory browser on OSX in the previous release posts.
it's just empty. (the browser window). entering paths manually in the main plugin textfields works fine though.

Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Postby TIG » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:31 pm

TIG Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:31 pm
I am investigating how to make the folder-browser work with the Mac - it works perfectly on the PC ! It is relatively simple rb/html/js/css code and it's puzzling at the moment... :?

Quite separately - the default/checked boxes values are getting set properly within the ruby code of the tool but the final step of getting those displayed in the dialog is failing with the loading of the dialog's html/js 'populate' code. The html's 'populate' code as it was a few versions ago worked OK for PC and Mac, but it was found to cause [a relatively harmless but annoying] js error message for a few PC users before it then ran successfully: however, if it is changed so as to get it to work successfully on all PCs without this js error message [as the current version], then it fails to load the correct defaults properly for all Mac users ! :roll: So I need to find the solution that works for everyone... I'm working on it... :ugeek:
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to SketchUp