nipparnlert wrote:Hello, all.
Just try SKP export beta.u first time. This is my feedback.
1. Problem when unzip to skp plugin. So i try uncompress, select then drag+drop ( you didn't recommend this i know).
2. I can use octane_render plugin in skp program. When i open it, i've got error window and i click "yes".
3. Try to render animation. Octane_render open but crash (white window).
4. Sketchup crash too.
5. Front material and back material from skp to octane still missing. It's show only one material. ( or you need it show like this? I'm not sure. Maybe i missunderstand.)
6. Model in octane can't not rotate view left to right direction but it rotate by original point only. Not the same as i export by OBJ object. It's can rotate left to right.
I'm not sure you will understand. I try to explain. If export skp to obj.It's seem i can rotate view around object by left and right direction. If use octane to skp plugin. I can't do the same.
1. The method of extraction from the zip is of course up to you. Mac users are more prone to making errors. Just make sure that all of the files are in the specified sub-folders within ../Plugins/. Looks like an access-rights issue on your setup - are you an 'admin'?
2. The js error window on first launch is experienced by some users, answer Yes and you should continue without problems - I am still working on a fix for this... I can't
get the error on my PC no matter what I do !
3. Unclear as to why Octane crashes - any error messages ?
4. Unclear as to why SUp crashed - any error messages ? Presumably it doesn't always crash - else where'd the images come from ??
5. At the start, or after a crash, you must have a new
OCS file, otherwise the old OCS file might have 'frozen' its material settings, perhaps wrongly, and won't update on a relink. Note that only a face's front material is exported into the OBJ/MTL files and used by Octane. To see how you have faces oriented in the SKP change to 'Monochrome' view mode, with a strongly contracting color for the back-face default-material - say 'bright-blue' - set in the Style. All of the front faces' materials should come out properly in the OCS. It is important when making a SKP that will be exported into any 3rd party CAD or renderer application to have your model's faces the correct way round - that' why there is Monochrome mode to help you...
6. The pan/rotate options in Octane should be unaffected by the exporter. The slow panning issue was fixed by release 'u' as the camera-up vector is now correctly translated...
Is it possible to post a zip file containing the problem SKP/OBJ/MTL/Textures_folder/CMD_file/OCS etc - without them it is difficult to see where the problem lies...