Octane Render exporter

Forums: Octane Render exporter
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Octane Render exporter

Postby j4zzy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:44 pm

j4zzy Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:44 pm
hello all,

i have a problem with my octane exporter ...

wenn i choose the Expoter-Option ... File -> Octane Render ... ->

it says:
Octane Render:
the 'Octane Render Binary' is not valid ...

and than i have automatically a new window popped out and have to choose the right application-file ...
i browsed the file: C: Programme - Refractive Software - OctaneRender 1.025 beta2.58e - octane

and then i got these following message:
Octane Render:
cannot continue without a valid 'Octane Render Binary'!
NO accented or special-characters allowed

can somebody help me please ??

thanks a lot ...

cheers,

j4zzy
j4zzy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane Render exporter

Postby TIG » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:01 am

TIG Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:01 am
The path that you have posted looks 'garbled' ?
Where are the \ separators etc?

In the file-browser that opens navigate to the appropriate folder and click on the icon for the octane .exe file you want to use when doing all of your renders and press OK.
The tool automatically adds it into the panel in the dialog and also remembers it with SketchUp [in the Registry] for use thereafter.
You never need to change this again unless you remove, move or rename the exe, when you'll be prompted for a new one.
You can change to another version of the octane exe by clicking the adjacent button and choosing it in the file-browser...
The line in the dialog should look like this:
"C:\Program Files\Otoy Software\OctaneRender_TEST_1050_beta100_win32\octane.exe"
Of course the actual folders and exe file name etc will vary in your personal case...

The warning about 'not using special characters' is because the version of Ruby used by SketchUp has issues with special non-ASCII characters in file-paths etc, so they a need to be avoided in all such entries in the exporter dialog... otherwise it won't be able to 'find' the folder/file specified with 'special-characters' in the text of the file-name/folder-path.
FYI ASCII characters are those which appear on a standard US keyboard A-Za-z0-9!"£$%^()-_=+\.;/@'[]#~<space> and so on: disallowed ones are typically 'accented-character' like èéçö etc or other alphabets like Cyrillic, Arabic etc...
Some other entries like the 'Project Title' are further restricted to just A-Za-z0-9_- because OBJ/MTL files etc have their own conventions on 'naming' etc...
The tool automatically fixes other things like image-file names that don't match the required naming pattern...

I hope this helps...
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to SketchUp