Scene export problem

Forums: Scene export problem
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Scene export problem

Postby Fritsch » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:58 pm

Fritsch Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:58 pm
Hi when I export from Skechup with the render scene button Octane launches but my exported scene is super far away or sometimes missing (perhaps too far for me to find it I suspect). I've tried the different options "current view", "current scene" etc but to no avail. I'm running the the latest plugin an Octane Render 2.58e.
Any suggestions?
Patrick, Arch. Tech.
Fritsch Plans Workshop Inc.
http://www.FPWI.ca
SketchUp Pro 8, Win 7 Pro 64 Bit, i7 3.40Ghz, nVidia EVGA GTX 570 1280mb, 16384 mb RAM, Asus P8PP67
Fritsch
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Scene export problem

Postby TIG » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:35 am

TIG Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:35 am
I'm using that Octane version without problems - only difference is I'm on 32bit-Vista...

Without seeing the SKP model and OCS it's difficult to be sure...

Have you tried it with a simple SKP of a 'box'? Does that work ?

What Octane preference-settings have you got set ?
E.G. are the Units 'meters' as required ??

Where is your SKP model relative to the world origin [View Axes to see RGB axes].
Also have you reset the SKP's axes at any time?
Hover over an axis line and context-menu 'Reset': are they now sensibly located relative to the Model's geometry?

If you have modeled things [or imported things] that are far far from the World Origin it might then be causing issues with the OCS side - and there might also view-plane clipping issues in the SKP when zooming ?
Make sure all Layers are ON and View Hidden-Geometry is ON too.
Then Select All and Move... pick some logical point on the Model and then type [0,0,0] [or perhaps [0;0;0] if your system uses a ',' as a decimal point rather than a '.' !].
The Model should now relocate more sensibly about the Origin.

Remember to remake your Scenes' views to suit.

Retry exporting to OCS using Current View...

Another possible issue is if you have imported CAD information the origins of some of the imported Components [Blocks in the DWG] can be miles away from the component's actual geometry [also sometimes remotely located tiny geometry can also be in these too], causing issues even if the Model is located sensibly near the Origin. It's relatively easy to fix this - Model Info > Components > Show Axes to display the insertion point axis markers. Also work with all Layers and Hidden Geometry ON. When you select a Component/Group if its bounds are much bigger than the anticipated geometry perhaps there is some rogue geometry far away - edit the Component/Group, Select All, Select all visible geometry 'by fence' holding Ctrl+Shift to remove it from the selection - Entity Info will now show if there's anything still selected - if so press Delete to remove it. To relocate an imported Component's axes to somewhere sensible, select it and context-menu Change Axes and pick new sensible location, and the two RG directions...

See if that helps...

If you still have issues after this then you can PM me this SKP so I can see what might be up.......
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Fritsch » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:43 am

Fritsch Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:43 am
Thanks TIG, I went through the following Sketchup menu; Window-Preferences-workspace-reset workspace
It did the trick, I guess I messed with something accidentally.
Patrick, Arch. Tech.
Fritsch Plans Workshop Inc.
http://www.FPWI.ca
SketchUp Pro 8, Win 7 Pro 64 Bit, i7 3.40Ghz, nVidia EVGA GTX 570 1280mb, 16384 mb RAM, Asus P8PP67
Fritsch
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby TIG » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:02 am

TIG Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:02 am
Glad that fixed it... although for the life of me I can't see how :?
TIG
TIG
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to SketchUp