Losing connection to daemons

Forums: Losing connection to daemons
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Losing connection to daemons

Postby jessestormer » Wed May 12, 2021 9:23 pm

jessestormer Wed May 12, 2021 9:23 pm
On one of my machines - I'm having an issue with daemons disconnecting.
After a restart, I'm able to see and connect to the daemons briefly, but shortly after that... I'm not able to see any daemons on the network anymore!

All of my firewall settings are opened up, and it doesn't seem to be a firewall issue at all really because I'm able to see them briefly.

Is there a known software that tends to take over the necessary ports?

I just can't quite pin down what could be opening up and blocking/overriding my access.

Thanks in advance!

edit - it REALLY doesn't seem to be the firewall because even with the firewall disabled entirely, it still loses visibility of the daemons just a few minutes after restart.

Also, I'm on the latest version of everything: 2020.2.3-R3

Happens even with an empty scene in C4D, and Octane standalone also does the same (loses visibility after a few minutes)
jessestormer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Losing connection to daemons

Postby bepeg4d » Thu May 13, 2021 9:30 am

bepeg4d Thu May 13, 2021 9:30 am
Hi,
yes, it is not surely the Firewall, or you should not see the daemon at all.

Have you installed also Standalone 2020.2.3 on that machine?

Please download and run OctaneBench 2020.2.3, to see if you have the same behavior:
https://render.otoy.com/downloads/90/b6 ... _3_win.zip

If yes, the render-node machine has issues with Nvidia driver, and 2020.2.3 SDK.
Check to have updated Win 10 to 2004, or greater, and to have clean installed an Nvidia driver greater than 456.38.

ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Re: Losing connection to daemons

Postby jessestormer » Thu May 13, 2021 7:47 pm

jessestormer Thu May 13, 2021 7:47 pm
I have 6 machines, I'm able to see them all (and even use them, briefly) -- when I use one of the other machines, they are functioning fine! (remaining connected)

I MAY have narrowed this problem down to something I really did not expect. Very surprising... I swapped out the ethernet cable and I think all is well?

So strange. I wasn't having ANY other network problems due to the ethernet cable, and it (the 'bad' cable) is also rated as a CAT7 for my 10gig network. I will just... throw that one in the trash.

It's such a strange issue that I'm a bit surprised that I was able to narrow it down to that.

Thanks for the assistance!
jessestormer
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D