What GPU is my monitor connected to?

Forums: What GPU is my monitor connected to?
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

What GPU is my monitor connected to?

Postby ralf_breninek » Mon May 10, 2021 9:20 am

ralf_breninek Mon May 10, 2021 9:20 am
Extending on my previous thread on the OctaneRender devices preferences settings I wanted to make sure to have the GPU connected to my monitor running with a lower priority as suggested by bepe (thank you) I did not have any problems before but see this as an opportunity to improve my system´s performance.

In another thread Bepe has asked someone for a screenshot of the NVIDIA control panel to check which GPU is connected to the monitor
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=75550&p=387882&hilit=find+monitor#p387882

Maybe I have found an easier way without leaving C4D, but wanted to recheck with you guys if my assumption is correct:
In order to check which monitor is connected to which GPU wouldn´t it be enough to highlight every GPU in the "OctaneRender devices preferences"? The one with the lowest available VRAM should be the one connected to the monitor(s) correct?

In my case this would be the fourth device and I would not need to search for and open the NVIDIA control panel :P

octane-render-monitor.jpg
OctaneRender devices preferences

octane_nvidia_control_panel.jpg
NVIDIA control panel
C4D R21.207 / Octane for C4D 2020.2.4 / Watercooled 4 x EVGA Geforce RTX 2080 ti
http://www.pixelasm.com
Interface and motion graphics design for interactive interfaces and animations on TV, web, mobile and automotive from Köln / Cologne Germany
ralf_breninek
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: What GPU is my monitor connected to?

Postby bepeg4d » Tue May 11, 2021 6:32 am

bepeg4d Tue May 11, 2021 6:32 am
That’s correct :D

ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Re: What GPU is my monitor connected to?

Postby ralf_breninek » Tue May 11, 2021 7:37 am

ralf_breninek Tue May 11, 2021 7:37 am
Mille grazie Beppe for the confirmation :D
C4D R21.207 / Octane for C4D 2020.2.4 / Watercooled 4 x EVGA Geforce RTX 2080 ti
http://www.pixelasm.com
Interface and motion graphics design for interactive interfaces and animations on TV, web, mobile and automotive from Köln / Cologne Germany
ralf_breninek
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D