Another Motion Vectors Issue Post...

Forums: Another Motion Vectors Issue Post...
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Another Motion Vectors Issue Post...

Postby BLKRCAT » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:25 pm

BLKRCAT Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:25 pm
I've searched for the last few hours and cannot for the life of me get this to work.

this post illustrates my issue but the solve in this post doesn't give me the same result.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=71403

I want to render out my scene just srgb but apply the motion blur in post. It's my understanding that if my scene is srgb, basically default. That I should be exporting my motion vector srgb tonemapped as well. Doing so doesn't give me anything remotely close to what I'm seeing in the octane live viewer. Also the hard transitions of color that you see in the above example (also noticed in my scene rendered both with linear and tonemapped passes) gives a very hard edge.

I'm trying to pipe it in to after effects with RSMB pro vectors. Scene is protected by NDA so I can't post it up
BLKRCAT
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Another Motion Vectors Issue Post...

Postby aoktar » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:25 pm

aoktar Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:25 pm
Motion data is not clamped between 0-1 value, it's in an infinite range of negative/positive values. So you cannot use it else of linear colorspace and linear renderbuffer. You have to load/convert the output files in any post software.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Another Motion Vectors Issue Post...

Postby BLKRCAT » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:41 pm

BLKRCAT Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:41 pm
Makes sense, just to have the most information possible linear32bit seems the way to go.

However when I render linear I get some wild results that look absolutely nothing like the octane live viewer.

My linear image looks clipped very much like how the user's example image was in that linked post straight out of octane and when imported into after effects.
BLKRCAT
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D