Object won't render to final render

Forums: Object won't render to final render
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Object won't render to final render

Postby tonytony87 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:44 am

tonytony87 Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:44 am
Hey everyone!

Im in need of support, I have to render a client video for final output and Octane is pooping it's pants on me again. I have earth with little spheres around it locked to the surface using the constrain tag. I have octan textures and some lights, nothing fancy. The earth animates around and the spheres animate on (scale from 0-1)

The whole scene renderers perfectly in my preview window, but when I hit render to picture viewer everything renders out perfectly also.... except my spheres are now missing! They don't render at all! It seems to be a bug with the constrain tag? I need help because I have to deliver the video in two days and Octane decides today it doesn't want to render.

I have attached a zip file with a screenshot of my issue and the C4D file on its own. Thanks all!
Attachments
Earth Project Files C4D.zip
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 100 times
tonytony87
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Object won't render to final render

Postby jayroth2020 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:53 pm

jayroth2020 Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:53 pm
Hello, that is a priority problem in your Cinema 4D file, not an Octane issue. When I loaded your file and used the Make Preview command, the spheres did not appear in the result. However, when I changed the priority of your constraints to Initial, the spheres did animate up in size and kept position relative to the sphere as the camera animated throughout the shot.

Take note here: Live Viewer is NOT intended for animation previews. It will work for that much of the time, but Live Viewer is really intended for lighting and look development. To verify your animation, the standard Cinema 4D tools should be used instead, meaning, Make Preview in this case. If the animation does not look right in Make Preview, it will not look right when you render final. In terms of animation, Octane does what Cinema is telling it to do.
CaseLabs Mercury S8 / ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS / Crucial 64GB 2133 DDR4 / 2 XEON E5-2687W v3 3.1 GHz / EVGA 1600 P2 / 1 EVGA RTX 3090Ti FTW3 Hybrid / 2 EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid/ Cinema 4D
jayroth2020
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby tonytony87 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:55 am

tonytony87 Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:55 am
Amazing looks like this solved the question. I feel like these kinds of issues need to be addressed and stickied in front or a warning dialogue should pop up or something. because I get about 3 of these huge Octane WTF moments every month. And I lose a lot of time, never in my entire life would I have ever thought it was some setting called priority and needed to be set to initial. Thanks man! Really appreciate the help.
tonytony87
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby jayroth2020 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:06 pm

jayroth2020 Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:06 pm
Sure thing. Priorities are a Cinema 4D issue and have nothing to do with Octane, so there is no ability for Octane to issue any warnings are caveats about them -- it is assumed that you have some knowledge of Cinema 4D by the time you get to Octane. Sooner or later every Cinema 4D animator runs into the priorities issue. This was your time. This is a technical topic; I recommend you get familiar with it. Cinema has a great community to help you through the process.

As I mentioned in my previous comment, Live Viewer is intended as a lighting/shading preview device. It is grabbing data from Cinema "on the fly," if you will, for speed. But renders start from the disc-based assets and iterate through the full Cinema 4D evaluation pipeline from the beginning (as do orbx files on export to Standalone). The Make Preview function also goes through the full Cinema 4D evaluation pipeline, which is why you should create previews periodically as you work on your animation (and definitely before you commit to a render, regardless of the render engine you use.)
CaseLabs Mercury S8 / ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS / Crucial 64GB 2133 DDR4 / 2 XEON E5-2687W v3 3.1 GHz / EVGA 1600 P2 / 1 EVGA RTX 3090Ti FTW3 Hybrid / 2 EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid/ Cinema 4D
jayroth2020
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby tonytony87 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:48 am

tonytony87 Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:48 am
Thank you very much for your help! Yea I get it, such is the nature of the beast. But damn they do not make it easy lol. Looks like I will have to get more familiar with it as i go along.

HOWEVER now I ran into another issue! Octane won't render anymore. It now renders 3-5 frames before freezing and spitting out an octane error at the bottom. It crashes and is giving me one of these three errors:
Error 1: Error about Device 1 (so I deactivated device one )
Error 2: Failure Detected: Check statistics to solve the problem
Error 3: path-tracing kernel failed

I have Cinema 4D R21 and Octane 2020.1
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit for Workstations
CPU: Intel i9 10-core 7900x
2 (two) 1080Ti EVGA FTW cards
128GB of DDR4 Corsair
Motherboard: Asus ROG Rampage VI Extreme x299
PSU: 1600Watt Corsair

Im uploading my project file with a screenshot of the issue! Thank you so much for the help! Running close to deadlines is no fun I just told the client we can't complete this week because Octane is now suddenly crashing. Thank you in advance for the help!!!

I asked two of my friends to render it out for me on their computer and they rendered it out fine (They have Octane 4.something) Thank you for helping through this giant headache! I appreciate it a lot!

-Tony
Attachments
Earth_Animation_Conservatory.zip
(55.2 MiB) Downloaded 142 times
tonytony87
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:33 pm

aoktar Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:33 pm
You should use latest build if your friends could render it fine.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D