No LUT included in octane EXR on octane 2020

Forums: No LUT included in octane EXR on octane 2020
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

No LUT included in octane EXR on octane 2020

Postby Raoul » Thu May 28, 2020 10:34 am

Raoul Thu May 28, 2020 10:34 am
Hi, I posted the below in the release forum. but wanted to post here again as didn't get a response. ... just wanted to bump this as it effectively makes the LUT feature useless.

---

Hi Aoktar.

Me again. I think i found an error, just wanted to clarify. I assume there has been a few things changed with color spaces/linear and the inclusion of ACES etc in latest Octane..
im on oct 2020 ( latest) - Mac osx.

1st issue.
The first thing i've found is with LUT's if im saving out an EXR( octane) layered file.. the LUT always seems to be removed when i bring it into After effects. looks fine in Picture viewer but its gone in AE. tried various combinations or color spaces ( linear/tonemapped) but no luck. Is it possible to fix? ... applying the same LUT in post doesn't yield the same results. ( was fine in 2019.1.2)

2nd issue
the depth is now seemingly ignoring the tonemapped settings.. So its always full white 32bit. I can get the details out of it if AE is in 32 bit mode. but otherwise its blank. Which would be fine except we don't always won't to composite in 32 bit mode ( slower) . It may just be linked to the same problem as above. But the way it was working in 2019.1.2. was great.. ( in my view).. but happy to be corrected on that.

i'd include a file but this happens in any scene with any set up.. so theres no need to include a file.

thanks for your help!
btw.. native noise inclusion is amazing! very helpful!
R
Raoul
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: No LUT included in octane EXR on octane 2020

Postby Gleitfrosch » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:01 pm

Gleitfrosch Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:01 pm
+1 bump, would be very useful to have the LUT again in ext files. The post-guys would be very happy..
Gleitfrosch
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D