ORBX exporter keeps crashing C4D

Forums: ORBX exporter keeps crashing C4D
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

ORBX exporter keeps crashing C4D

Postby zram94 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:31 am

zram94 Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:31 am
I'm having a hard time exporting a .orbx file to upload to ORC. Every time after I choose my save destination, the window gets stuck on "Preparing for export." When I check task manager it says C4D is "Not responding"

It's very frustrating paying for a subscription service and not even being able to use it :x
Attachments
help.jpg
zram94
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: ORBX exporter keeps crashing C4D

Postby aoktar » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:17 pm

aoktar Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:17 pm
Have u tried to export a simpler version of this scene or any other? Also tried to export a different location in to hard drive with not having writing protection?
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: ORBX exporter keeps crashing C4D

Postby randymills » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:21 pm

randymills Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:21 pm
@zram94 - Are you sure it's crashing? Sometimes my scenes take quite a while to export ORBX and they seem like they are hanging when they are calculating. Also, I have had problems with Mask ID's and DeNoiser in the past when exporting for ORBX, so I will disable those things and try. I have noticed that if you have DeNoiser enabled in your camera imager, it will automatically render a Denoised pass in ORC now, which it never did before.

I had a few problems in the past with Mix Materials, but a lot of that went away when I started using v2018 (not sure what the cause was).

I also have had the export to ORBX function hang and crash C4D...open it up, try again, and it immediately starts working. So it's definitely a little buggy still, but I've been able to use ORC fairly successfully over the last year without too many issues.

Hope that helps.

Randy
randymills
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D