A Motion Blur Tip For C4D user

Forums: A Motion Blur Tip For C4D user
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

A Motion Blur Tip For C4D user

Postby raycrown » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:53 pm

raycrown Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:53 pm
:oops: sorry for my bad english, it is not my mother tongue.

i just finish a car render project last week,and i got a lot motion blur issues during the production. so,here is a little tip for all c4d users,if you get the same issues, this tip may help you. :lol:

problem screenshot
1.png
SPIN WHEELS doesn't display in the live viewer

2.png
sometimes,live viewer give you the right motion blur preview

4.png
But,when you hit rende to picture viewer,you animation look like this,the car floating on the air,or the wheels fade into the car mesh.

solutions

1.for not heavy animation project

keep the wheels object rotate itself,do not drive by a null ojbect or other parent object.
in this case,the car simulation make the car body mesh move forward,and the car body mesh drive the wheels null objects to rotate the tires and wheels.simply just keep the wheels group keyframes andremove all of your other keyframes if you have baked you simulation,and move the floor plane backward to get the same animation.

motionblur0022.png
A good exsample of motion blur rendering

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7.png
For a complex car animation,the motion blur always get errors in default set up.

if you car animation is more complex, you can't use this method.

2.ultimate solution for best motion blur quality

i find a solution in maya octane board.it seems the c4d and other 3d program can not give octane plugin enough data to calculate the motion blur correctly.i feel so luck that the solution in maya form also works in c4d,maybe other 3d program also.

so here is how i solve this issue.

8.png
First,change your project setting and render setting.give the frame rate 10 times then your project set up. ex. my old setting is 25fps,give it up to 250 frames per second.

5.png
use octane live viewer to export orbx files to standalone program.

6.png
change the frame rate back to 25fps,and select your render target set up render method or samples etc.

done.png
there we go.the perfect motionblur effect.

After all,use Octane standalone to render your project.done!

hope this tip will help you.
raycrown
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: A Motion Blur Tip For C4D user

Postby aoktar » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:35 pm

aoktar Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:35 pm
Hey raycrown,
You're approach is not wrong. But strange that for performance to use fps 250. Have you used "Time sampling per frame"?
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby raycrown » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:59 am

raycrown Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:59 am
aoktar wrote:Hey raycrown,
You're approach is not wrong. But strange that for performance to use fps 250. Have you used "Time sampling per frame"?

Yes,indeed,time sampling per frame does help the motion blur quality,but for this kind of high speed wheel case,it doesn't seems work very well,in my case 250 frames per second does slow down the orbx export,i try different setting like 75 fps or 100fps,it also works good,but for better motion blur quality you just have to tweak about the fps setting and the motion blur setting in octane standalone.

Also when i finish exported the animation package to octane standalone,the c4d octane object tag seems not working in standalone program,you lost the option for object motion blulr,octane standalone will give eash object some motionblur,but,in most case the motionblur quality are good enough,you just need to increase the samples to get better result.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
raycrown
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby jayroth » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:02 am

jayroth Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:02 am
This has cursed me on several jobs. Aoktar, as you seem to be aware of this, is it true that there is no viable solution within the plugin itself?
CaseLabs Mercury S8 / ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS / Crucial 64GB 2133 DDR4 / 2 XEON E5-2687W v3 3.1 GHz / EVGA 1600 P2 / 2 EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid/ Cinema 4D

Is it fast? Oh, yeah!
jayroth
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:22 am

aoktar Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:22 am
jayroth wrote:This has cursed me on several jobs. Aoktar, as you seem to be aware of this, is it true that there is no viable solution within the plugin itself?

Which problem do you mean sorry Jay?

aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby jayroth » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:03 pm

jayroth Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:03 pm
Motion blur precision, Ahmet. I did submit a report in the bug thread regarding mograph cloners and effectors some time ago. I have also had the issue that the OP discussed with regard to rotational blur precision with objects rotating at high rates of speed. I'm glad to here that there is some sort of solution I was not aware of, but if it is possible for standalone to deal with it properly, then would it not also be possible for the plug in?
CaseLabs Mercury S8 / ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS / Crucial 64GB 2133 DDR4 / 2 XEON E5-2687W v3 3.1 GHz / EVGA 1600 P2 / 2 EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid/ Cinema 4D

Is it fast? Oh, yeah!
jayroth
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby jayroth » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:16 pm

jayroth Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:16 pm
And don't get me started on vertex motion blur for objects with displacement...

Is it fast? Oh, yeah!
jayroth
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:18 pm

aoktar Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:18 pm
jayroth wrote:Motion blur precision, Ahmet. I did submit a report in the bug thread regarding mograph cloners and effectors some time ago. I have also had the issue that the OP discussed with regard to rotational blur precision with objects rotating at high rates of speed. I'm glad to here that there is some sort of solution I was not aware of, but if it is possible for standalone to deal with it properly, then would it not also be possible for the plug in?

You can use "time sampling per frame". Btw please sample what you say. Problem is that octane is using linear interpolation between keyframes. Increasing the sampling per frame will decrease the problems.

And don't get me started on vertex motion blur for objects with displacement...

It's not a plugin topic, related with capability of renderer.

aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby DinoMuhic » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:49 am

DinoMuhic Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:49 am
jayroth wrote:And don't get me started on vertex motion blur for objects with displacement...

I was able to resolve all problems with very fast moving objects with just upping the time samples per frame setting in the render settings.
Its usually set to 1 but I set it up to 10 for some cases (F1 car driving a track for example).
DinoMuhic
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D