Reload button for VDBs

Forums: Reload button for VDBs
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Reload button for VDBs

Postby noisyboyuk » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:53 pm

noisyboyuk Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:53 pm
Hi!

I know that there currently isn't a way to make Explosia FX work with Octane without loading a VDB sequence in.

It would be great if the Octane VDB container can actively watch for changes in files but I expect that might be a bit of a challenge so I wondered if it might be possible to just include a simple "Reload files" button.

That way we can very quickly run a new Explosia cache, hit the reload button in the VDB object and boom - updated VDB sequence :)

Thanks guys!
noisyboyuk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Reload button for VDBs

Postby aoktar » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:01 pm

aoktar Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:01 pm
It will load the vdb again if you go to another frame.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: Reload button for VDBs

Postby noisyboyuk » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:20 am

noisyboyuk Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:20 am
aoktar wrote:It will load the vdb again if you go to another frame.

Ah nice, so you can just re-cache and you don't have to do anything at all - just move to a new frame? That's great!

I literally asked this because I see so many people talking about how it doesn't work great with Octane but this makes it seem less of a hassle. Sure it's not as deeply integrated as Cycles but it's no different than TFD (as in you cache it first and then render).

Do you have any tips to make the Octane container perfectly line up with the X-Particles cache?

Cheers :)

EDIT: Scrap the question about making it line up - it seems as though the issue with the cache being flipped is no longer an issue, Insydium must have corrected it. Just tried this out and it's working great now anyway, all i have to do is hit cache and it automatically updates in the IPR. No different to TFD :)
noisyboyuk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D